WNR3500 wireless disconnection issue - Report here

aryouwhy
Aspirant

WNR3500 wireless disconnection issue - Report here

If you have upgraded your WNR3500 to the latest firmware from Netgear download page and experiencing wireless disconnection issue, please report it here so we can help Netgear track and fix this issue.

Provide as much information as possible so that others can understand the problem and narrow down to the common symptoms. Good things to include would be:
• FW version on your router
• OS version with service pack version
• PC/laptop brand & model
• Wireless adapter model name, including driver/software version
• Network layout/environment (distance between PC and router, number of walls, how many other APs found in the neighborhood, etc…).
• How the disconnection usually happens. Provide steps if easily reproducible.
Message 1 of 39
dnonatdma
Aspirant

Re: WNR3500 wireless disconnection issue - Report here

Having trouble keeping our wireless devices online:

Router:

Account Name WNR3500
Hardware Version V1
Firmware Version V1.0.29_8.0.29NA

Disconnects all wireless devices everey 3-4 minutes.
1) Dell 610 laptop with a dell wireless 1370 wlan MiniPCI Card Rev 4.2
Sodtware version 4.1.00.15.8
Driver version. 4.1.100.15.5
Supplicant version 4.100.15.8

2) Same as above

3) Emachines: uses a WN311B-100NAS. Most recent driver & software versions. (Matches the router)

The wireless systems don't show-up regularly in the Attached devices, and they cannot see the wired systems attached to the router.

All devices are within 20 ft of the router. High signal, low noise.

All computers run XP SP3.

Router Log

01:59:25, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Using "WPA-PSK" authentication mode
01:59:27, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Driver status - "Key exchange"
01:59:27, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Supplicant status - "Authenticating"
02:02:26, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Authentication time-out.
02:02:43, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Disconnecting from current network
02:02:43, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Connecting to "NETGEAR"...
02:02:43, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Using "WPA-PSK" authentication mode
02:02:45, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Driver status - "Key exchange"
02:02:45, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Supplicant status - "Authenticating"
02:05:44, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Authentication time-out.
02:06:01, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Disconnecting from current network
02:06:01, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Connecting to "NETGEAR"...
02:06:01, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Using "WPA-PSK" authentication mode
02:06:03, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Driver status - "Key exchange"
02:06:03, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Supplicant status - "Authenticating"
02:09:02, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Authentication time-out.
02:09:19, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Disconnecting from current network
02:09:19, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Connecting to "NETGEAR"...
02:09:19, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Using "WPA-PSK" authentication mode
02:09:21, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Driver status - "Key exchange"
02:09:21, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Supplicant status - "Authenticating"
02:12:20, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Authentication time-out.
02:12:37, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Disconnecting from current network
02:12:37, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Connecting to "NETGEAR"...
02:12:37, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Using "WPA-PSK" authentication mode
02:12:39, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Driver status - "Key exchange"
02:12:39, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Supplicant status - "Authenticating"
02:15:38, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Authentication time-out.
02:15:55, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Disconnecting from current network
02:15:55, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Connecting to "NETGEAR"...
02:15:55, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Using "WPA-PSK" authentication mode
02:15:57, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Driver status - "Key exchange"
02:15:57, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Supplicant status - "Authenticating"
02:18:56, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Authentication time-out.
02:19:13, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Disconnecting from current network
02:19:13, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Connecting to "NETGEAR"...
02:19:13, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Using "WPA-PSK" authentication mode
02:19:15, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Driver status - "Key exchange"
02:19:15, Mon, Nov 10, 08 Supplicant status - "Authenticating"
Message 2 of 39
Doy22
Aspirant

I was pretty excited about the WNR3500 and have always been a loyal Netgear customer so I purchased it as soon as it was released.

After initially setting up, everything seemed to work fine. I noticed though that when using channels 6/10, I was being disconnected every 10 minutes or so while using my Dell notebook. Switching to 4/8 corrected that though (as another user mentioned here). Since then though I've noticed another problem that sounds similar to what you're experiencing.
Message 3 of 39
keston
Aspirant

I have tried almost everything. I contacted Netgear via email about two weeks ago. But to date they have not responded. I really do not know what to do again.

Doy22 wrote:
I was pretty excited about the WNR3500 and have always been a loyal Netgear customer so I purchased it as soon as it was released.

After initially setting up, everything seemed to work fine. I noticed though that when using channels 6/10, I was being disconnected every 10 minutes or so while using my Dell notebook. Switching to 4/8 corrected that though (as another user mentioned here). Since then though I've noticed another problem that sounds similar to what you're experiencing.
Message 4 of 39
crash64
Aspirant

Since I have updated to the new firmware(1.0.29) version I have had very low transfer rates, re installing to the vanilla version (1.0.10) or the new version (1.0.30) did not help.:confused:

Download rate:
Before: 6mbs +-
Now: 170kbs +-
for all my connected devices
The upload rate has stayed the same at around 350kbs

I have connected directly to the modem and I am still getting a good rate of around 6mbs on a direct connection. but when I go through the router the connection slows to slug speed....
Message 5 of 39
lightning115
Aspirant

Since I got my new WNR3500 I've noticed slow transfer rates over wireless, but only on one of my laptops. I have access to unlimited supplies of routers and adapters so I've been doing a lot of tests at home. My router is about 10 feet on the other side of the room from my computers. I have the "mini" version of speedtest.net on my Apache server cabled in at 1 Gbps. Router firmware version is V1.0.29_8.0.29NA. WPA2PSK(AES). I have a Wi-Spy and ch 6 (strangely) was clear so I'm using that channel at the "up to 145" option.

The laptop I'm having problems with:

Gateway MX7515
XP Pro 2002 SP 3
AMD Athalon 64 4000+ 2.59 GHz 1G RAM
All drivers up to date with Driver Detective and RadarSync

I can only get a max of 13000 / 45000, but it usually downloads around 6000-8000, sometimes as low as 350. I've tried the WN511B and WN511T PC Cards, as well as the WN111 USB adapter. I've moved around the room, no change. The 511T is the worst, the test never even got close to 1000 up or down, and the connection dropped every two minutes or so.

My wife's laptop is a newer Dell and only has PC Express slots so I can't try the PC Cards, but the WN111 USB seems to work great with an average of 40000/35000 anywhere I took it in the room... the same adapter I just took out of my Gateway.

My internal wireless G card seems to be working as well around 20000 up and down.
Message 6 of 39
louisK
Aspirant

I assume all these problems are the same as discussed in threads on the repeater function of the WNR 3300, WNR3500 and WNR 834Bv2. I also experienced the same and exchanged the WNR3500 with problems for a new one and now it works fine as base station in combination with a WNR834Bv2 as repeater. However not at the highest speed (300 Mbps and 270 Mbps) and only for 1 day now, so I keep my fingers crossed.
Message 7 of 39
donaldb
Novice

Just replaced a POS linksys wrt110 with a netgear WNR3500. No issues at all. I can however think of a few issues that could be causing the disconnects. (BTW I am a self employed computer tech so I speak from personal experience root causing issues for my own customers)

IPver6: vista implementation is notorious for taking certain linksys routers down. disable it in vista,and the router becomes a lot more stable. may apply here as well.

Vista with specific wireless cards: Vista in combination with specific wireless cards has issues talking to some router models. suggest try another wireless card from a different vendor.

DHCP: the reason I swapped my linksys is that even though I shut DHCP off on the router, it kept broadcasting that it was a valid DHCP server, caused all sorts of issues on my network (I use a domain setup with roaming profiles and a dedicated dhcp/dns server). DHCP could be constantly refreshing IP's of clients via a really short timeout.

Wireless Security: Its possible that the router is changing the security tokens too fast causing disconnect/reconnect issues.

I hope this info may help some users and possibly give netgear some ideas to research.

(if this is not an appropriate location forthis post, I do appologize to the moderators and request they move it to a more appropriate location)
Message 8 of 39
Bradhobbs
Novice

I bought my WNR3500 at Walmart for $120, I get it home and find after a few days none of my laptops find it and the wireless just quits, I have been using Linksys for routers and I bought this Netgear, I have to say its a nice router but its a POS I despise of Netgear sadly I set the box out for trash now im stuck with this piece of crap router. I really want a answer or fix. Or better yet I want a refund from Netgear theirselves or a exchange.

Here is my details,

OS's: Windows 7, Windows XP, and Windows Vista. - All which do the samething.

Account Name WNR3500
Hardware Version V1
Firmware Version V1.0.15_1.0.15NA

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
WAN 100Mbps/Full 8522 36265 0 1744 21188 00:11:45
LAN1 Link Down 9249 6070 0 12200 1373 --
LAN2 100Mbps/Full 00:11:45
LAN3 100Mbps/Full 00:11:45
LAN4 Link Down --
WLAN 54M 5088 4357 0 7534 904 00:11:58

Should I try to upgrade to .30?
Message 9 of 39
Bradhobbs
Novice

Donald, Its very easy to blame everything on Vista since everyone knows that Vista was a mistake, but hold your panties. I have a Mac, XP, Windows 7, and Vista that is using the wireless from my WNR3500 and all is dropping the wireless connection and isn't finding it again till I reboot the router or change channels. I have nothing that is 2.4 ghz in my home so it should be free to roam. I'm not using wireless security either. Also, now when I plugin my Linksys router to my modem it doesn't work anymore, did the Netgear change something in my modem?? This router is just a HUGE MESS and NOT worth the trouble, I paid $120 for this junk, I hope a Netgear supporter reads this because im furious on my purchase and can't return it because I don't have any of the packaging.
Message 10 of 39
donaldb
Novice

Bradhobbs wrote:
Donald, Its very easy to blame everything on Vista since everyone knows that Vista was a mistake, but hold your panties. I have a Mac, XP, Windows 7, and Vista that is using the wireless from my WNR3500 and all is dropping the wireless connection and isn't finding it again till I reboot the router or change channels. I have nothing that is 2.4 ghz in my home so it should be free to roam. I'm not using wireless security either. Also, now when I plugin my Linksys router to my modem it doesn't work anymore, did the Netgear change something in my modem?? This router is just a HUGE MESS and NOT worth the trouble, I paid $120 for this junk, I hope a Netgear supporter reads this because im furious on my purchase and can't return it because I don't have any of the packaging.

the router wont change any settings in your modem, but it can knock it offline in certain circumstances. Try disabling ipv6 in vista and win7. (for all network cards) reboot modem, wait, reboot router. then test. I've seen the vista ipv6 take more networks offline than I care to count.

also upgrade to the version 29 firmware.
Message 11 of 39
donaldb
Novice

also, all linksys use a default channel of 6. try switching the netgear to use a higher channel. 10 is usually an open one. you may be getting interference from a neighbors router.
Message 12 of 39
bdfutch
Aspirant

I just bought a WNr3500 router and initially it worked great, but after 2 weeks I can't keep my computers connected wirelessly. After reading all of the problems posted here with this router, I don't see any solutions being posted, is it because this router is trash and I just wasted $130?
Message 13 of 39
donaldb
Novice

bdfutch wrote:
I just bought a WNr3500 router and initially it worked great, but after 2 weeks I can't keep my computers connected wirelessly. After reading all of the problems posted here with this router, I don't see any solutions being posted, is it because this router is trash and I just wasted $130?

try using netstumbler to see if there are other wireless signals around you on the same channel. if there are, move yours to an unnocupied channel.

upgrade firmware

run without wireless security for awhile.

eliminate those possibilities before you declare it toast. it is possible that you got bad hardware or badly connected antennas, but its usually something simple.

and try nuking IPv6 if you have vista runing.
Message 14 of 39
netfan
Aspirant

I bought this router as I have been a fan of Netgear Smiley Happy, even though most of my netgear products have given me headaches Smiley Sad I have persisted with the brand.

This (The WNR3500) irritates me a bit :mad:, I bought it as it was the "top of the range" router at the time, I had just done a complete refresh at home and upgraded all wireless computers to 802.11n and enjoyed the look of the netgear.

My wireless network struggles to keep any computer \ Sony PSP or Apple 3G on its wireless network for longer than 20 seconds. :mad::mad:

Only after three or four reboots (of the router) do I get a connection for about 30 to 45 minutes and the router starts with its issues again. If I connect any of the computers directly to the NIC ports it works well but the whole point is wireless.

When I bought the router about 3 months ago never had one issue but since upgrading the firmware I just have endless wireless issues. Unfortunately downgrading has not helped me either as I have tried that as well.

I have now set the Wireless channel to Auto hoping it will scan and find the best channel for the wireless broadcast.

IP6 is OFF on all my machines but it wouldn't explain why my Sony PSP (Latest firmware) and Apple iPhone 3G (latest firmware 2.2.1 at the moment) have the same disconnecting issue.

One moment my wireless network SSID is broadcasting the very next moment none of my wireless devices can find the wireless network and it comes back and disappears ....

You would expect more out of a router that A. Costs this much and B. of a manufacture like Netgear. Later releases of Firmware is suppose to fix and stabilize products not make them more vulnerable and unstable.

I am duly disappointed as I really thought this would be an excellent router.

I truly hope Netgear find the issue to this problem or help us diagnose it. I am more than willing to send logs and\or any other information to Netgear about this if they will actually action this problem.

Home Config (Which use to work NO problem and works if connected to the router via ethernet):

There are Four machines, two Xbox 360's, Sony PSP, Sony PS3, 2 Apple iPhone 3G and one Mac Pro notebook.

Four Windows Machines:
x 2 Lenovo T61p
2. Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All the latest hotfixes) Drivers are 100% up to date. IPV6 is OFF.
x1 Lenovo T61p and a Desktop machine with a whole different bits and pieces
2. Windows 7 Beta (All the latest hotfixes) Driver are also 100% up to date. IPV6 OFF

Gaming Devices:
x2 Xbox 360 - All the latest updates running on the Xbox wireless devices
x1 PS3 - All the latest updates running on the wireless interface
x1 Sony PSP latest firmware - connected via Wireless interface

Telephones:
x2 Apple iPhone 3G running latest firmware (at the time of writing this) 2.2.1

Please don't say its my machines because they work perfectly with all the other wireless networks I go to on both Windows Vista and Windows 7 as well as my gaming and telephone devices. Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

As I said I am willing to help test beta firmware updates and or provide any additional information to Netgear to solve this issue.
Message 15 of 39
Bradhobbs
Novice

I upgraded to the .30 Firmware and everything is fine now! I noticed it turned off the button light on the front of the router. But everything seems to be working now. Smiley Very Happy
Message 16 of 39
Mars Mug
Virtuoso

duckduke wrote:
Apparently............NETGEAR.....the modertors here......... and everyone asociated think that we are all idiots.

I would just like to point out that this is a user to user forum not actively monitored by Netgear engineers, though they may come here if they wish.

Moderators do not work for Netgear though a few may have strong links through their work in networking for example. I am a moderator, I don’t work for Netgear, my own main router at home is made by Buffalo, I work in the UK defence and nuclear industries. Moderators here generally provide help and assistance where they can, but sometimes we are in the dark as much as you are. So criticism of moderators is pointless, you might as well blame your paperboy for your problems.

Netgear will attempt to help you if you let them, but you should also be able to get assistance from the place of purchase. In fact in the UK legally it is the place of purchase, not the manufacturer that you would have to deal with legally.

By the way, you have to factory reset after changing firmware.
Message 17 of 39
theblack
Aspirant

Hello,

i buy WNR3500 1 day ago
now i want setting DHCP

Can i set dns server by my isp

just like this DHCP Client
IP : 192.168.1.10
GW: 192.168.1.1
DHCP:192.168.1.1
DNS : 203.186.93.20

not now is this BY use WNR3500 DHCP
IP : 192.168.1.10
GW: 192.168.1.1
DHCP:192.168.1.1
DNS : 192.168.1.1

can i setting to this
thank you for help
Message 18 of 39
dirtydawg
Aspirant

This is directed to anyone/everyone that may be having difficulties with disconnects...as this MAY help your situations.

I just stumbled onto this possible fix (and I do not know right now if it is going to stick or not but I certainly hope it does). If your wireless cards have a "Power Save Mode", disable it. For my situation, this has worked for a day or so with no problems. This may/may not help you but it won't hurt to try it out.
Message 19 of 39
dirtydawg
Aspirant

dirtydawg wrote:
This is directed to anyone/everyone that may be having difficulties with disconnects...as this MAY help your situations.

I just stumbled onto this possible fix (and I do not know right now if it is going to stick or not but I certainly hope it does). If your wireless cards have a "Power Save Mode", disable it. For my situation, this has worked for a day or so with no problems. This may/may not help you but it won't hurt to try it out.

Ok, well scratch this idea, as it has now stopped working and I've had to troubleshoot for the last hour or so. Finally just "Forgot the existing network" in my wireless settings on the wireless laptops, turned SSID back to broadcast and rejoined it. Funny thing is that this time I had trouble with my connected ethernet desktop as well. This is the first time that that has happened. Smiley Sad
Message 20 of 39
TDaddy
Aspirant

Wireless devices disconnect every 2-5 minutes and occasionally every few seconds. Wired devices disconnect several times per day.

Internet access was lost to wired and wireless devices and required reset of cable modem and router to restore service. This happened after opening 6-10 simultaneous intenet sessions in IE7.

Internet access occasionally becomes very slow and requires restart of modem and router to regain normal speed.

ISP is Suddenlink.
Motorola SB5100 SURFboard cable modem.

WNR3500 firmware V1.0.29_8.0.29NA
Channel AUTO
Mode "Up to 145Mbps"
Security Options "WPA-PSK[TKIP]+WPA2-PSK[AES]"

Computer 1 Windows XP Pro SP3 with all latest patches.
Intel PRO/1000 PM ethernet wired to router.

Computer 2 Windows XP Pro SP3 with all latest patches.
Intel PRO/100 VE ethernet wired to router.

Netgear ProSafe 8-port Gigabit switch wired to router.

Sony Bravia TV wired to switch.

Hauppauge MediaMVP media extender wired to switch.

Nintendo Wii game console with wireless connection to router.
Located 40 feet from router - 1 wall - good signal strength.

Apple iPod Touch with wireless connection to router.
Located 20-40 feet from router with good signal strength.

Router Statistics:
Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
WAN 100Mbps/Full 115464 3890188 0 79 1393 3 days 12:09:59
LAN1 1000Mbps/Full 127737 110706 0 326 97 01:16:16
LAN2 100Mbps/Full 00:50:55
LAN3 1000Mbps/Full 3 days 12:09:59
LAN4 Link Down --
WLAN 145M 86446 64005 0 245 25 3 days 12:10:13

Does anyone know if NetGear is working on this problem?

Router Log: (192.168.1.6 is Wii game console)

[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:56:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:54:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:52:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:50:20
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:50:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:48:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:46:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:44:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:40:02
[Admin login] from source 192.168.1.2, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:39:27
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:33:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:30:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.7)] to MAC address 00:25:00:15:9F:33, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:22:37
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:22:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:20:20
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:20:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:18:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:10:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:07:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.7)] to MAC address 00:25:00:15:9F:33, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:05:01
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 05:00:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:56:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:50:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:45:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:43:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:41:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:40:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:30:20
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:30:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:20:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:19:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:10:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:08:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:06:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.7)] to MAC address 00:25:00:15:9F:33, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:04:51
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:04:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 04:00:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:53:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:50:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:42:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:40:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.5)] to MAC address 00:1D:BA:0D:24:36, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:39:13
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:31:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:30:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:29:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:27:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:20:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:16:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:10:01
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:05:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.7)] to MAC address 00:25:00:15:9F:33, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:04:41
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 03:00:01
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 02:54:01
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 02:52:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 02:50:19
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 02:50:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 02:40:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 02:39:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 02:30:02
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.6)] to MAC address 00:22Smiley Very Happy7:54:5A:02, Saturday, Apr 25,2009 02:28:01
Message 21 of 39
Lurkin
Aspirant

I am not sure if this is the same issue all of you are having but it is similar. I got the router about a month ago and it has been great and flawless until about a week ago. Out of now where it just flat out did not have a wireless signal almost as if the radio had just turned off. I checked the settings and nothing had changed. I changed the channel and reset the router and it started working again. Now last night (about a week after the first time) it just quit having a signal again. Resetting it again restored it.

Not sure if the router is just going bad already or if it's a firmware issue? I had read somewhere that someone had upgraded to the .30 and it fixed this issue, but that's not an NA firmware so I don't want to try that. Also it doesn't seem like it started when I upgraded the firmware, it started randomly awhile after.

I am tempted to return it for a v2, what's the difference?

• WNR3500v1
• V1.0.29_8.0.29NA
• Laptop with XP SP3, Wii, iPhone, PSP and Xbox 360 (no not all at the same time)
• Dell Laptop with wireless g adapter.
• The laptop is usually within 20 feet of the router, sometimes behind a door or wall. iPhone is sometimes right on the desk a foot away or sometimes elsewhere in the house. The game consoles are within 5 feet to 20 feet.
• Wish I could state how it happens, it just happens out of nowhere and I cannot replicate it. Also there is only 1 other wifi signal in my immediate area and it's pretty weak as it's across the street (can tell because it gets stronger on my iPhone as I go outside and over to my neighbors).
Message 22 of 39
Lurkin
Aspirant

I am not sure if this is the same issue all of you are having but it is similar. I got the router about a month ago and it has been great and flawless until about a week ago. Out of now where it just flat out did not have a wireless signal almost as if the radio had just turned off. I checked the settings and nothing had changed. I changed the channel and reset the router and it started working again. Now last night (about a week after the first time) it just quit having a signal again. Resetting it again restored it.

Not sure if the router is just going bad already or if it's a firmware issue? I had read somewhere that someone had upgraded to the .30 and it fixed this issue, but that's not an NA firmware so I don't want to try that. Also it doesn't seem like it started when I upgraded the firmware, it started randomly awhile after.

I see there is a WNR3500v2 on the product page now, is there an unfixable flaw in the v1? Wondering if I shouldn't return this one and try a v2. I have always been impressed with Netgear products and other than having to reset this one to get the wireless signal working again it has been great.

• WNR3500v1
• V1.0.29_8.0.29NA
• Laptop with XP SP3, Wii, iPhone, PSP and Xbox 360 (no not all at the same time)
• Dell Laptop with wireless g adapter.
• The laptop is usually within 20 feet of the router, sometimes behind a door or wall. iPhone is sometimes right on the desk a foot away or sometimes elsewhere in the house. The game consoles are within 5 feet to 20 feet.
• Wish I could state how it happens, it just happens out of nowhere and I cannot replicate it. Also there is only 1 other wifi signal in my immediate area and it's pretty weak as it's across the street (can tell because it gets stronger on my iPhone as I go outside and over to my neighbors).
Message 23 of 39
craigcrawford11
Aspirant

Firmware: V1.0.30_8.0.30
Hardware: V1

About 10 metres away, signal is about 4/5 bars goes through about 2-3 walls.
Disconnection is random (total disconnection requiring router restart), to connect to the wireless network takes an incredibly long time.

I am very unhappy as I bought this router as a replacement to my WNR854T which was also having disconnection issues.
Message 24 of 39
ejk78
Aspirant

WNR3500 firmware V1.0.29_8.0.29NA
Mode "Up to 145Mbps"
ADSL ZOOM modem router with DHCP feeding 2 WNR3500's via their WAN ports
No connection to LAN ports with any of the WNR3500 units
Double NAT

One WNR3500 on channel 9 with WPA2 encryption DHCP server & Wi-Fi enabled on 192.168.2.*

Second WNR3500 in Repeater Mode with 1 base and two repeaters
Channel 11
Security Options "WEP 64 Open"
with base on 192.168.2.254
WiFi users on 10.0.0.*
DHCP Server enabled on base unit

Repeaters fail connection every few days requiring power cycling.
Base unit has had to be power cycled periodically

Is the double NAT or multiple DHCP servers a possible issue?
Message 25 of 39
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E