× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WNR3500Lv2 Has Slow Throughput on Ethernet

TaterSalid
Virtuoso

WNR3500Lv2 Has Slow Throughput on Ethernet

I have a new router that has suddenly lost throughput. It was running at 120Mbps. Now I get around 10Mbps. All switch ports are slow. Direct to the modem is 120Mbps. If I move the Internet cable to an unused switch port and reboot I get 120Mbps back. This should rule out cable issues. I have the latest firmware, 1.2.0.56. I am about to register this thing and waste 2 hours on the phone. I thought the real experts might be better help. Help! 

I replaced an R6020 with this router. The R6020 had developed slow throughput as well. I can't help but think there is some relationship here. 

Model: WNR3500Lv2|N300 Wireless Gigabit Router|EOL
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
TaterSalid
Virtuoso

This post has gone 24 hours with no reply. Not even a condescending reply. I repeated my troubleshooting as described above. I then told Tech Support what I had done. The tech went through the usual procedures of settings and a factory reset. I am now the proud owner of an RMA.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
TaterSalid
Virtuoso

This post has gone 24 hours with no reply. Not even a condescending reply. I repeated my troubleshooting as described above. I then told Tech Support what I had done. The tech went through the usual procedures of settings and a factory reset. I am now the proud owner of an RMA.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7