WNR3500Lv2 doesn't allow internet on a client bridge.

Nico3d33
Novice

WNR3500Lv2 doesn't allow internet on a client bridge.

I use a WNR3500Lv2 as my primary router, using the NetGear genie firmware and I have a secondary router, used a client bridge. The client bridge has DD-WRT installed on it. I was able to get both of them to communicate, I can see the client bridge router in my network and I can access its configuration page when I type its IP address in a browser, on any of the PC of my network. The only problem is that there's a desktop PC connected to the LAN port of that client bridge, that desktop PC can't access the Internet. I can see all my network from that PC but no Internet. I reserved an IP address for that PC, it is detected by the primary router and it use the address 192.168.1.9 but it's as if something was blocking any communication with the Internet.
Message 1 of 7
Nico3d33
Novice

Re: WNR3500Lv2 doesn't allow internet on a client bridge.

Just wanted to add that the WNR3500Lv2 is configured to use WPA2 encryption, the client bridge is also configured the same way. Would it work it I used another type of encryption?
Message 2 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

you may need to use WEP instead
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 7
Nico3d33
Novice

Finally got it, I did two things... First, I installed TomatoUSB firmware on the Netgear router (great firmware with loads of options) and then, I installed Gargoyle in my Linksys DIR-601 (secondary router). Gargoyle is so much easier to work with. Thanks Netgear for producing such a great router, it's so easy to install custom firmware into it. I just had to read the instructions at myopenrouter.com
Message 4 of 7
pendaws
Aspirant

I have a WNR 3500 router and recently I have been losing internet connection for minutes at a time but now the router won't talk to the modem and get info from my ISP.
Would that tomato upgrade be of use to me? I have the version 1.
Message 5 of 7
Nico3d33
Novice

I can't promise it will solve the problem with your WNR3500L, but you can easily install Tomato firmware on it. All instructions are available at www.myopenrouter.com . In your case, you will probably need that version: Tomato by Shibby. You can install it directly from the original firmware, using the firmware update page (just select the .chk file and wait for the process to finish).
Message 6 of 7
Nico3d33
Novice

Edit from my last post: I made a mistake, I sent you the link for the WNR3500Lv2 but what you need is Tomato for WNR3500Lv1, you can get it here:
http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/26575/Toastman-s-Tomato-Firmware-for-WNR3500Lv1-w-USB-Ext/
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements