Re: WNR3500v2 bandwith slow down issues..

nVmatrix
Novice

WNR3500v2 bandwith slow down issues..

I just installed a new 3500v2 replacing a Linksys WRT110 and have had very bad slow down issues on the wireless side(2 laptops, 1 desktop) ever since. I have tried to reconfig the setup and tried different settings.. nothing seems to work. When you first get on it seems fine. But after you open 3 or more sites online it slows down to the point of timing out on some of them. Downloads are effected too... drop down to dial up range... if you close all windows and downloads and restart the download it will give you the proper speed... I am at a lose here any ideas?

I never had any issues with the Linksys the only reason I upgraded was to have a better router so I thought.. any help would be welcomed.
Message 1 of 4
nVmatrix
Novice

Another thing I noticed was that when I go to open any sites the speed drops from 135mbps to 1 to 5mbps on the wireless network connection status.. then it will jump back to 135 after the page or pages have loaded
Message 2 of 4
nVmatrix
Novice

update.... looks to be just the desktop... one laptop has a B/G card and runs at 54mbps.. other laptop has an N and runs at 300 right next to the desktop... but when I check the desktop it gives me 135mbps!?! plus like I said it drops to 1mbps when I try any traffic over it.... dont know whats up
Message 3 of 4
james3838
Aspirant

I was having the same issue with speedtest. I had a spare N300 bridge, so set it up using the WNR3500 as a switch. Download jumped from .95Mbs to ~10Mbs, but it was very jerky (saw dial jump up to 20, stall, jump up, stall). I just happened to disable the Netgear genie... and boom it went solid 20Mbs download/3Mbs upload.

So first problem is Genie is interfering on the local machine.

Switching back to WNR3500 wireless resulted in the same slow speeds though (.95 download, ~3Mbs upload). So I was poking around in the admin and saw QOS. I was thinking it was disabled, but I saw "Enable WMM (Wifi multimedia) settings" was checked. I unchecked it and suddenly speed test jumped up to 10Mbs. Still not the 20Mbs of my bridge, but at least not pathetically slow.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E