× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR614 - After factory reset default SSID password is failing.

maheshchamp
Follower

WNR614 - After factory reset default SSID password is failing.

Hi,

I did factory reset of WNR614 router to reconfigure. But after factory reset it start brodcasting NETGEAR70 as SSID.

At back of router it has different default SSID and its password printed.

My Laptop's lan port is faulty and can not connect over wired. Hence I am trying to connect over Wi-Fi with default password printed at back. But it did not worked. I tried "password" but it also failed.

So, what should be default password for WNR614 which is brodcasting SSID as "NETGEAR70" ?

I do not remember firmware version but it is latest availabe one and something like " 1.1.0.61"

~ Cheers | MSD

Model: WNR614|N300 Wireless Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: WNR614 - After factory reset default SSID password is failing.

The default password is unique to each device. You'd have to look at your label.

Or you might have to check into a usb---ethernet adapter so you can hardwire in to access it. 

but the cost of that might not be worth it as that device is a pretty base model n300 device. 

Not sure how much I'd invest in fixing it versus saving that money for a upgrade. 

Message 2 of 3
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: WNR614 - After factory reset default SSID password is failing.

Try finding a friend or family member with a computer with an ethernet port so you can log into the router. Otherwise I would try to reset it again to see if your SSID changes again, press the reset for 30 seconds with a paper clip.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7