Re: WPN824v3 not seen by printer

Fredda
Aspirant

WPN824v3 not seen by printer

Hello.
I have an HP wireless printer that has worked forever through my Netgear WPN824v3 modem. However, for the past 2 weeks my printer will not see the modem. It does see others in the area. I have restarted everything a million times and don't know what else to do. Can anybody help?

I would appreciate any help I can get!
Thanks,
Fredda
Message 1 of 6
Joe_
Apprentice

From the info you have provided it seems that none of your other wireless devices (PCs and whatever else) have this problem of connecting wirelessly to your network.

If this is correct, have you consulted the trouble-shooting section of the manual for your HP printer?

If you still fail to solve the problem this way, I would suggest that you are more likely to get appropriate help from HP through their online support.
Message 2 of 6
Fredda
Aspirant

Thanks for your response Joe. Yes, my PCs, etc., can connect, but why wouldn't the printer see it if it sees other wireless networks? I even put the printer in the same room as the wireless unit.
Message 3 of 6
Joe_
Apprentice

Yes. I agree that it's strange the way you described the problem. But since no other devices have a problem to connect, it's reasonable to suppose that your printer somehow lost the settings to access your network.

Since the issue seems to be some setting in the printer and I don't know about your particular model printer, it would more reasonable for you to troubleshoot from the printer's side.

Did you check the troubleshooting section of the printer's manual or contact HP for help, as suggested?
Message 4 of 6
Fredda
Aspirant

Hi Joe,
Yes, I thought it could be the printer too, and I started to look into that. But, just now, the internet wasn't working on my computer either and I restarted it (and the router), and this time it came up on the printer and worked! I can't help thinking its something about the way the router is putting out the signal, or, maybe the cable box, but it just doesn't make sense. I'm going to try the cable company next time it happens.
Thanks for trying to help,
Fredda
Message 5 of 6
Joe_
Apprentice

You are most welcome! Glad to see you got it working.

I may have been able to diagnose better if I was really there to actually see what your setup was. Take for example the bit of info that your ISP is a cable company and that the modem (of course) is a cable modem.

When it's a cable modem setup, you have to power cycle everything in a certain manner.

It's basically to turn everything off, wait at least 10 seconds, and then turn them on one at a time, beginning with (1) modem, (2) router, (3) computer, (4) printer.

You must wait several minutes between turning on each device, making sure each one is completely reboot before proceeding to the next device.

When next the problem occurs, try the above.

For now though, don't mess with things seeing that it's working.

Cheers! 😉
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E