Webinterface problems after restart

lucky_way
Aspirant

Webinterface problems after restart

Hi there!

I got my new WDNR4500 and I have the following issue. During configuration I can not acess the webinterface after an restart.:mad::mad::mad:

I tried to turn my firewall/antivirus off, tried different browsers, two different computers and WLAN and LAN connection.

After an reboot, I get the message if I want to disconnect a connected user - if I confirm yes, I will get the header and the sidebar, but not the main page shown.:mad:

Finally, I spent too many hours!!!! on this issue:eek:, and I know all my settings incl. dyndns now by heart...

Currently I am using win7 64 SP1 tried IE, chrome and opera... Firmware is 1.0.16:confused:
Message 1 of 14
billshih1975
Aspirant

Re: Webinterface problems after restart

so the problem is you can't access the 4500 webpage only or you can't go to Internet? perhaps you can try to delete the Broswer cache and check again.
Message 2 of 14
Chuck_s
Aspirant

Keep going. Connect and then go into the router at 192.168.1.1

Works for me anyway.

-- Chuck
Message 3 of 14
lucky_way
Aspirant

Nice one but :confused:

I tried to flush DNS, renewed IP - and it happens too if I make an hardreset and using my saved config...

so what should I keep trying?:rolleyes:
Message 4 of 14
lucky_way
Aspirant

I forgot - Internet and WLAN settings are working, but no access to webinterface.

That is my status :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Message 5 of 14
lucky_way
Aspirant

Pics do work round here?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 6 of 14
lucky_way
Aspirant

even with MAC...

what is going on? That is not a old WRT54....

Message 7 of 14
sabretooth
Apprentice

Check your IP there.
Message 8 of 14
lucky_way
Aspirant

I know my IP

Nice try :cool: - but I usually change IP adresses from 192.168.1.1 to something differnent. But either way (also when I do not change IP) same Problem.

It seems the software is a mess :eek:, and on top of it, it only supports dyndns - for some extra fees. Woundering when the included family protection will cost extra. :rolleyes:
Message 9 of 14
Chuck_s
Aspirant

The firmware can change it's IP address under some conditions.

At least that's the experience with my olde WNDR3400 I was playing with after my daughter was having dropouts with it. Hard reset restored the default address but it was totally bizarre for a while.

-- Chuck
Message 10 of 14
Mars Mug
Virtuoso

If the Netgear router is connected to a DSL modem (many DSL modems are also routers) and the modem allocates a Private 192.168.x.y IP address to the Netgear router, then one action the router will likely take at configuration time is to change its LAN subnet, typically to 10.0.0.x

In that case the connected computer may temporarily stop communicating with the router, and the router IP address may now be 10.0.0.1.

If you are connected to a DSL modem/router then the typical ‘solution’ is to set the DSL modem to Bridged Mode.
Message 11 of 14
lucky_way
Aspirant

@chuck_s

Chuck_s wrote:
The firmware can change it's IP address under some conditions.

At least that's the experience with my olde WNDR3400 I was playing with after my daughter was having dropouts with it. Hard reset restored the default address but it was totally bizarre for a while.

-- Chuck

Do you mean it had problems through the changed IPs?

@Mars Mug

Mars Mug wrote:
If the Netgear router is connected to a DSL modem (many DSL modems are also routers) and the modem allocates a Private 192.168.x.y IP address to the Netgear router, then one action the router will likely take at configuration time is to change its LAN subnet, typically to 10.0.0.x

In that case the connected computer may temporarily stop communicating with the router, and the router IP address may now be 10.0.0.1.

If you are connected to a DSL modem/router then the typical ‘solution’ is to set the DSL modem to Bridged Mode.

I have set my modem (fritz IAD) to enable pppoe - Bridge Mode not directly accessable. Do you think a 10.0.0.x would be a solution?

Finally I do hope DDWRT will be avaliable soon, becouse I had good experiance on serval different brands with it (Linksys, Buffalo,Asus,...).

I will definitly think about the IP range, but should that really be it? :rolleyes:
Message 12 of 14
Mars Mug
Virtuoso

Not all DSL modems have to be put into Full Bridge Mode, there are variations on this such as a Half Bridge Mode. In your case if the modem still provides a Private IP to the Netgear router, but there is no need for port forwarding or suchlike in the modem (i.e. all ports are open and passed to the Netgear router), then simply using a different Private IP range for the Netgear LAN should be fine, and in that case 10.0.0.x might be a good choice.
Message 13 of 14
Chuck_s
Aspirant

This looks familiar. Pretty sure this is what happened to me. Hard reset restored the IP address to normal.

Backup of your router's settings will save a lot of time after a hard reset when you can just restore them.

-- Chuck
Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E