Re: When is the R6300 modem router combo unit supposed to see the light of day?

Dizzy714
Aspirant

When is the R6300 modem router combo unit supposed to see the light of day?

Explained in the title. Have been waiting for this thing anxiously.
Message 1 of 6
madhatter
Apprentice

Haven't heard of such a beast... would the modem part be supported by ISP's? Why not get a modem supported by your ISP, like a Motorola SB6121, for example. That's a pretty popular device. Works great with my R6300.

Also, if the modem or router fail, I only have to replace one of the two with the latest technology at that time.
1xRBR50 1xRBS50 2xRBS40
Message 2 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

buying combo unit is waste of money. If you going to spend all your penny to one single ISP then you could invest but when you change the ISP you are screwed.

most ISP are better to get their own broadband modem for most compatible with their network.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 6
Dizzy714
Aspirant

I'm with Time Warner and that's probably where I'm going to be for good as my only alternative is AT&T and they are horrible out here in my area.

Time Warner now provides me with their own Motorola combo unit, it's the SBG6580, and that's what I'm trying to filter out - having a combo unit hooked up to my router (currently have an Asus, before that I had the WNDR4500. I feel for me personally the Netgear combo unit will be a great piece of hardware for me, everything I want in one single unit sounds good to me.

Here it is.

http://netgear.com/home/products/wirelessrouters/ultimate-performance/D6300.aspx
Message 4 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

You should able to find from time warner with other cable modem that you can buy and used on their network.

If you are going to lease then you get they provided unit but you can able to buy other modem yourself and save the lease money as well
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 5 of 6
groves31
Aspirant

According to engadget http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/17/netgear-d6300-mates-802-11ac-wifi-with-adsl/

The NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router will be available worldwide from major retailers and online beginning October 2012.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E