× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Where do I find Firmware Updates for the RBK50V2

josephg304
Tutor

Where do I find Firmware Updates for the RBK50V2

I am searchiung for any firmware updates for my RBK50V2 WiFi router.  I can only find firmware updates for routers with the RBR and RBS model numbers.

When I try to uplopad this firmware pdate for the RBR model to my router, it tells me that the firmware update is the incorrect file.

Where can I find the correct firmware update file for my RBK50V2 router?  (A direct link to the proper web page would be very much appreciated).

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Where do I find Firmware Updates for the RBK50V2

@josephg304 wrote:

I am searchiung for any firmware updates for my RBK50V2 WiFi router.  I can only find firmware updates for routers with the RBR and RBS model numbers.

RBK does designate a kit including one RBR router and one (or more) RBS satellite.

@josephg304 wrote:

When I try to uplopad this firmware pdate for the RBR model to my router, it tells me that the firmware update is the incorrect file.

Open and unpack the zip archive - only the respective img file can be uploaded. @plemans referred to the correct firmware kits above.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

for the satellites: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBS50v2.aspx

for the router: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBr50v2.aspx

make suer to update the satellites first

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@josephg304 wrote:

RBK does designate a kit including one RBR router and one (or more) RBS satellite.

@josephg304 wrote:

Open and unpack the zip archive - only the respective img file can be uploaded. @plemans referred to the correct firmware kits above.

Message 3 of 4
josephg304
Tutor

Thank you.  Much appreciated.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements