× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why Netgear devices are good but the router system sucks?

Azrock
Follower

Why Netgear devices are good but the router system sucks?

If you connect through many routers including Verizon or Comcast modem/router and check the router/modem settings, you will find many useful features that you will not find with Netgear, even though Netgear thinks that they are a big company and they are doing good, but to be honest, their router-system sucks, very LIMITED and there is no much that you can do with it. For example, there is no way to set WiFi access time limit individually per connected device? DMZ, etc why Netgear is very limited? the answer is simple because they fail to serve our needs regarding security! Netgear is not secure and it's easy to hack the Netgear system, that's why most of the banks and big companies including the NAVY, ARMY, etc they use CISCO. I liked Netgear, in the beginning, thinking that it will grow, especially with the system security, but they proved that nothing will grow for years, you'll see the same features, click on the security tab and it's the same...what a SHAME! I wish that the CEO will be replaced by someone who can lead this company to do BETTER!

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Why Netgear devices are good but the router system sucks?

@Azrock wrote:

If you connect through many routers including Verizon or Comcast modem/router and check the router/modem settings, you will find many useful features that you will not find with Netgear, even though Netgear thinks that they are a big company and they are doing good, but to be honest, their router-system sucks, very LIMITED and there is no much that you can do with it.

Can't agree more.

@Azrock wrote:

For example, there is no way to set WiFi access time limit individually per connected device? DMZ, etc why Netgear is very limited? the answer is simple because they fail to serve our needs regarding security!

This has nothing or not to do with security. These are "just" missing features.

@Azrock wrote:

Netgear is not secure and it's easy to hack the Netgear system, that's why most of the banks and big companies including the NAVY, ARMY, etc they use CISCO.

Don't worry, they don't use consumer routers worth a few dollars. You oauld not be willing to pay for the hardware and the mandatory software service for your home.

@Azrock wrote:

I liked Netgear, in the beginning, thinking that it will grow, especially with the system security, but they proved that nothing will grow for years, you'll see the same features, click on the security tab and it's the same...what a SHAME! I wish that the CEO will be replaced by someone who can lead this company to do BETTER!

Netgear does still make routers to the specs of late 1990. I fear the CEO has no clue what is NOT going on in his company.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7