× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why does my range extender not turn off when my router does

Stormyblue
Initiate

Why does my range extender not turn off when my router does

We bought a DGND3300v2 router and configured it to turn off at 10pm and come back on at 7am.

We then bought a XVN5001 Powerline 500 WiFi Access Point.

The issue is this - the router turns off, no wifi signal and no SSID, however, the Powerline Access Point stays on.

Any clue where I am going wrong ?

Please help as at the moment, the kids can access at any time and the adults cant !

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

Re: Why does my range extender not turn off when my router does

They are two separate devices.. Meaning, one does not turn off the other. And if all you have done is turn off the radios on the DGND3300, then you can still access the Interent, connecting via wifi, to the Internet, because the XVN5001 is physically connected (via ethernet cable) to the DGND3300. There doesn't seem to be much to configure on the XVN5001. Best option is to unplug the XVN5001, or, disconnect the Ethernet cable to the AP on the DGND3300.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
netwrks
Master

They are two separate devices.. Meaning, one does not turn off the other. And if all you have done is turn off the radios on the DGND3300, then you can still access the Interent, connecting via wifi, to the Internet, because the XVN5001 is physically connected (via ethernet cable) to the DGND3300. There doesn't seem to be much to configure on the XVN5001. Best option is to unplug the XVN5001, or, disconnect the Ethernet cable to the AP on the DGND3300.

Message 2 of 3
Stormyblue
Initiate

Perfect, thank you.

I guess I could also use a timer plug to turn off the power to the main router.

Thanks again

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7