× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why is it that I can access routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 from my phone connected via WiFi, but..

vigil
Aspirant

Why is it that I can access routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 from my phone connected via WiFi, but..

Why is it that I can access routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 from a phone, computer or tablet connected via WiFi, but it displays this error page when I have my laptop directly connected to it via ethernet? It brings up this page that says "

You are not connected to your Router’s WiFi network."

Is this a new thing that you have to be connected to the wifi to login and reprogram the router? Or is this a glitch? 

Brand new Netgear N300 right out of the box, but it's not just this/these models, i've seen this across all different Netgear routers right out of the box. 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
vigil
Aspirant

Re: Why is it that I can access routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 from my phone connected via WiFi, but

Ah, I answered my own question, for some reason this router was in AP mode. Noticed I wasn't able to ping the gateway and noticed not all settings were available when setting up. Remembered that happened to me a couple times when it was in AP mode. Got it switched over, now i'm able to log in. My bad. :X

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
vigil
Aspirant

Re: Why is it that I can access routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 from my phone connected via WiFi, but

Ah, I answered my own question, for some reason this router was in AP mode. Noticed I wasn't able to ping the gateway and noticed not all settings were available when setting up. Remembered that happened to me a couple times when it was in AP mode. Got it switched over, now i'm able to log in. My bad. :X

Message 2 of 3
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for updating this thread.

That's the best way to check where the error is. Check if you're getting the correct IP address from the router. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7