Re: Wi-Fi Roaming Problem with DGND3300v2

SimonTW
Aspirant

Wi-Fi Roaming Problem with DGND3300v2

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the correct sub-forum, but I have seen a few other threads regarding the DGND3300 in here so I thought I'd stick it here any way!

As we have recently upgraded our broadband and are now using the router provided by the ISP, this has freed up our previous router, the Netgear DGND3300. I've decided to set it up in my room as a switch/AP to improve the Wi-Fi signal. I have turned off DHCP, stopped it trying to connect to the internet etc., and given it a fixed IP. It's pretty much working fine, I have my desktop PC connected to it via cable and my phone/laptop can also connect fine via Wi-Fi and gain internet access.

The only problem I have, which is quite annoying, is regarding moving from the Wi-Fi provided by the other APs we have in the house, to the Netgear. We have three TP-Link TL-WA701ND Access Points set up and roaming between these works perfectly. They all have the same SSID and password (as does the Netgear), so switching is seamless.

However when I move from being connected to one of the TP-Link APs to the Netgear, both my phone and laptop struggle/fail to connect at all. The only way to resolve the issue is to turn the Wi-Fi off on the device for a little while and then back on again. This problem only seems to work one way though, as if I move from the Netgear to the TP-Link APs it can switch/re-connect fine. As mentioned, all the SSIDs are the same, as are the passwords. There could well be a setting that I'm overlooking, and am happy to provide screenshots/details from the Netgear admin page.

Below are a couple of screenshots I took from my phone that show what happens when I move from the TP-Link to the Netgear Wi-Fi.

As you can see, signal strength is full (I'm sitting right next to the Netgear router when the SSs are taken), so the poor connection thing is a little odd!

Thanks in advance for any help,

Simon
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

mobile device is still picking the other AP.

using mix model will cause some issues placing another tp-link will better.

hardly you will not see a multiple access point with different manufacture.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 4
SimonTW
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I decided to go ahead and order another TP-Link AP just to make life easier, although I still think the Netgear router should be able to cope and there's something I'm not doing right.
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

you are mixing two differed models that where issues arises
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 4