× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wi-fi won't work! Please help!

mylaliz
Initiate

Wi-fi won't work! Please help!

My wi-fi won't work. Netgear Genie keeps saying it isn't enabled. I've rebooted the router, the modem, and the computer. I've checked that the wi-fi button on the router is on (tried turning off and back on). I've checked that my wireless adapter is enabled - tried disabling and then enabling. I've updated the drivers for the wireless adapter. I've updated the drivers for the router. I really don't have the money to just buy a new router when it may not work either. I've been having trouble with the wi-fi since the beginning - constant issues, but it's been two days and I'm ready to scream. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
mylaliz
Initiate

Re: Wi-fi won't work! Please help!

I ended up biting the bullet and buying another router. The new one works fine so the reset button probably would've worked. I appreciate your help!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
wcalifas
Prodigy

When you say reset what kind of reset did you perform. You should do a hard reset by pressing the reset pinhole with a paper clip for 30 seconds while the router is on. That will set it back to defaults and you will start it from scratch just like it was when it was new. Did you try that?

Message 2 of 4

Can you tell us what the Netgear router is? The model number?

Message 3 of 4
mylaliz
Initiate

I ended up biting the bullet and buying another router. The new one works fine so the reset button probably would've worked. I appreciate your help!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7