Re: WiFi Wireless Button Not Working

Redalert
Tutor

WiFi Wireless Button Not Working

I recently bought the DGND3700 and I have a problem with the WiFi wireless button that is at the front of the router. It seems to work randomly at times and it even doesn't work if I have the button held down for more than 10 seconds.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Could it be a software related problem?

Thanks
Message 1 of 10
mergs
Tutor

Yep, I have got the same issue here. I thought it would be instantaneous when pressing the button but nope.

Also the Wi-Fi LEDS don't flash when there is wireless activity.
Message 2 of 10
TermiPete
Novice

Howdy - I have a DGN3500 which has the on/off switch at the back - and it is totally random and very frustrating.

Planning to ask for a replacement, and if it does the same - refund I think. Grrr. Not expecting a firmware update will fix this.
Message 3 of 10
Redalert
Tutor

TermiPete wrote:
Howdy - I have a DGN3500 which has the on/off switch at the back - and it is totally random and very frustrating.

Planning to ask for a replacement, and if it does the same - refund I think. Grrr. Not expecting a firmware update will fix this.

Please let us know if the replacement does anything different.
Message 4 of 10
TermiPete
Novice

I've submitted a support case and let you know how it goes . . .
Message 5 of 10
ashily24dee
Novice

Do following actions if WiFi Wireless Not Working:
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc
Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
It would be best if you could post a screen shot of Device Manager with the Network adapters and Other devices sections expanded.
Message 6 of 10
xBLooDLiNEx808x
Aspirant

Press and hold the WiFi On/Off Button for 5-10 seconds or until both 2.4GHz and 5GHz LED lights turn off. To turn back on, hold the WiFi button for about 5-10 seconds then release. The WiFi LED lights will appear couple seconds later after pressing the button (giving it some time for the WiFi feature to reboot)
Message 7 of 10
pacionet
Tutor

xBLooDLiNEx808x wrote:
Press and hold the WiFi On/Off Button for 5-10 seconds or until both 2.4GHz and 5GHz LED lights turn off. To turn back on, hold the WiFi button for about 5-10 seconds then release. The WiFi LED lights will appear couple seconds later after pressing the button (giving it some time for the WiFi feature to reboot)

Yes it is quite incredible that we must hold a button for 5 seconds ... I discover it randomly!
Message 8 of 10
Scubbie
Apprentice

pacionet wrote:
Yes it is quite incredible that we must hold a button for 5 seconds ... I discover it randomly!

Why is it incredible?

Think of this as a safety issue. Most people will leave their WiFi on all the time. Should the button be pressed accidentally when plugging in or removing a USB dongle, then even more people would be complaining.

From memory the DGN2000 also has a time delay to enable or disable the WiFi.
Message 9 of 10
Joe_
Apprentice

I have had a look at the DGND3700 manual and I would say it's an oversight by whoever wrote the manual to not have state specifically that the button needs to be held down for X period of time.

Most other Netgear manuals I have look at have stated that the button should be held for at least 5 seconds.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E