Re: Wifi Router with HDMI port to send local pc hardrive and NAS mp4 video to TV?

E350
Aspirant

Wifi Router with HDMI port to send local pc hardrive and NAS mp4 video to TV?

I have older Core2 Duo computers (Thinkpad X61, T61 and ThinkCenters) which do not have HDMI out.  And although the laptops are running Windows 10, they don't have the hardware to connect wirelessly to a display, although of course the connect wirelessly to the router. 

So, is there a router which permit me to stream Wifi Router with HDMI port to send local pc and Ready NAS (older and does not have HDMI port) mp4 video to TV?

BTW, I don't have the AC1450 router, to start a new thread I had to pick a model.  I just want to buy the netgear model which will do what I asked above...

Thank you in advance.

Model: AC1450|Gigabit Smart WiFi router
Message 1 of 3
William10a
Master

Re: Wifi Router with HDMI port to send local pc hardrive and NAS mp4 video to TV?

Maybe you could replace the video card in a unused desktop if it take and works with a low to mid cost video card even a with dvi out could be connect with an adapter or the a dvi to hdmi cable easy to find on web sites that sale computer parts and a gigabit port on the computer would be a big plus. Yes a video server some companies also make a device that plugs in your hdmi port on the tv and receives the wifi signal from your personal devices. I have not tried any of these receiver's just going on I saw a couple of youtube videos.

Message 2 of 3
E350
Aspirant

William10a:  Great minds think alike (not me) but you and axur-delmeria from Manilla on the forum.thinkpads.com forum suggested that I either get a cheap HDMI out video card or better yet use a Display Port to HDMI adapter (since they are the same resolution) and then run the analog audio to the stereo (ThinkCentre M58p have both DVI and Display Port but they do not have audio out through either).  I think this is the easiest.  I will report back if it works.  Thank you for your help.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements