× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Upload speed R6250 on 5Ghz very slow on AP mode

JesusHidalgo
Tutor

Wifi Upload speed R6250 on 5Ghz very slow on AP mode

Hello,

I have a Netgear R6250 for some time already, and it was working fine  in the normal configuration ( I had it connected via Ethernet to the ISP router and using all the configuration from the Netgear)

Recently I have moved to a bigger house, so I have decided to use the Netgear R6250 in AP mode to extend my Wifi range having all the equipments in one network.

I have a simetric 100Mb connection with my ISP, but when I am connected to the Netgear via the 5Ghz Wifi I get 100Mb download but only around 3Mb upload.

When I connect via 2.4GHz I get proper download and upload speeds (Also if I connect via Ethernet directly to the R6250)

If I disconnect the AP mode and set it up again independent from the network, the upload speed is back to normal while using 5GHz.

Is there anything I could check or change to get the normal upload speed while connected to the 5GHz in AP mode?

Thank you very much in advanced.

Model: R6250|Smart WiFi Router (AC1600)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi Upload speed R6250 on 5Ghz very slow on AP mode

I mean more a reset of the R6250.
How I'd do it? Install version 1.0.4.42 firmware to the R6250 over a hardwired connection, factory reset it, and then reinstall it.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

In ap mode, the primary router is what should be setting the speeds. Any qos settings on it? 

Have you tried a factory reset and reinstall on it? 

What router is it connecting to? 

What firmware is on the R6250?

Message 2 of 6
JesusHidalgo
Tutor

Hello plemans, and thank you for your quick answer.

With regards to your questions:

- The router from the ISP is:

Mitrastar HGU GPT-2541GNAC

I have tried disabling the QoS and the result is the same (But would it be normal to affect only the 5GHz Wifi connection?)

- The RS6250 is on Firmware V1.0.4.38_10.1.30 

- I have done a Factory Reset of the ISP router some time ago due to another problem, but the behaviour has not changed.

Thank you

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

I mean more a reset of the R6250.
How I'd do it? Install version 1.0.4.42 firmware to the R6250 over a hardwired connection, factory reset it, and then reinstall it.
Message 4 of 6
JesusHidalgo
Tutor

Hello plemans,

Thank you very much. I have installed the latest Firmware and perform a factory reset and now it seems to be working fine.

I am not sure which of the two actions solved the issue, but it is done.

Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it working!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation