× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi not connecting to XR IPHONE

missouriupser
Aspirant

Wifi not connecting to XR IPHONE

I have had the router installed since 2017 and haven't had much trouble but when my girls are home from college they complain that their Iphones will not work on wifi, shows connection but no service. Now I've noticed that an extender shows connection but no internet. I checked the firmware update and it's up to date. Can anyone tell me if you have had the same problems? I have 3 extenders (one doesn't work and two are working) 4 Tivo's, 4 other iphones, 2 IPADs, 2 smart tv's, security camera's which is connected directly to extender on the network. Is it possibly overloading the system? Is is time for an upgrade? Please give me your experience with these issues if you have some.

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi not connecting to XR IPHONE

What is your actual setup? 

What modem/gateway is it? 

what router is it? 

what extenders do you have (and firmware on them)?
are you daisy chaining the extenders or connecting them in a star configuration?

daisy: router------>extender----->extender

star: extender<--------router-------->extender

Message 2 of 9
missouriupser
Aspirant

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

? didn't really say anything or it didn't show
Message 4 of 9
missouriupser
Aspirant

I've checked firmare on the wifi router and it's up to date through the GENIE. I've follow a couple of instructions of resetting the router and the phones and then I tried resetting the phone settings and neither worked. So I'm at a loss!

Model: WNDR3400v1|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router|EOL
Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

I am too because you didn't give me any additional info. Look back at my post and answer the questions. We need details to help

Message 6 of 9
missouriupser
Aspirant

I'm Sorry but I have a NetGear N600 wifi Dual Band Router

Model number WNDR 3400

The N600 is in the middle of the ground level part of the house.

As far as the extenders I have the one on  both ends of the house and then one upstairs. 

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 7 of 9
missouriupser
Aspirant

The modem is an ARRIS Model TM1602A

Model: WNDR3400|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 8 of 9
plemans
Guru

And what extenders do you have? 

I usually tell people to avoid multiple extenders. If you're needing more than 1 extender to cover a  home, its better to move to an actual mesh system like netgear orbi or the nighthawk MK series. They're designed for multiple AP's. 

Plus you're using a router that was manufactured 11 years ago and is a couple generations behind on technology. Its doesn't lead to great coverage/roaming/stability. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7