× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windows 10 PC Can't Connect to R6400 Router

LoganConnell
Aspirant

Windows 10 PC Can't Connect to R6400 Router

Hey,

I just installed this new router today instead of the virgin media superhub 2. It started off great, had no problems installing and everything seemed to connect fine.

After everything was sorted I changed the name and password of the network, everything connected again untill I checked my main windows 10 desktop pc to find it couldn't find the network. For some reason the network wasn't even visible in the wifi menu. I tried all sorts of diagnostics, disabling the firewall, resetting known networks and more. However nothing seemed to work.

I tried changing the password to something else, the network then apeared in the wifi menu and connected fine. I changed it back to see what the problem was and yet again it wouldn' connect and changing it back or to something new didn't work either.

After messing about with vaious settings for a good few hours I reset the router to factory settings - this still didn't work.

I then tried doing a network reset on my pc and to my suprise once it restarted it connected fine, untill I restarted my pc later on and it didn't connect back.

My pc doesn't have an inbuilt wifi reciever but came with a small dongle but only have 802.11n which shouldn't matter as I can still connect to the 2.4Ghz bandwidth. 

Any ideas what the problem could be? It seems like my PC although its connected fine before, however this is the only windows pc as we have two chromebooks so I wonder if its a windows connectivity issue? Seems unlikely though.

Thanks,

Logan

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
LoganConnell
Aspirant

Re: Windows 10 PC Can't Connect to R6400 Router

Solved! 

This was fixed by changing the channel in the router settings to 2Ghz = 09 and 5Ghz = 36

Due to interference in the area.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
LoganConnell
Aspirant

Re: Windows 10 PC Can't Connect to R6400 Router

Solved! 

This was fixed by changing the channel in the router settings to 2Ghz = 09 and 5Ghz = 36

Due to interference in the area.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7