× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windows 10 desktop won't connect to internet via wifi since we got a orbi router

Killiose
Aspirant

Windows 10 desktop won't connect to internet via wifi since we got a orbi router

I need help getting my desktop set up to the new Orbi router. We went a got a new router and the only device having issues connecting to the internet through wifi is my gaming desktop. Whenever I run diagnostics it comes back telling me that the default gateway in unavailable. Pardon my ignorance, I am not a very tech-savvy guy. Can anyone tell me what I need to do or provide to get this figured out?
Message 1 of 6
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Windows 10 desktop won't connect to internet via wifi since we got a orbi router

Hello Killiose, 

I understand that your Orbi router is experiencing issues connecting to the default gateway. 

Can you please provide the following:

The Orbi model.

The firmware the Orbi is currently on. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Kevin 

Message 2 of 6
Killiose
Aspirant

Re: Windows 10 desktop won't connect to internet via wifi since we got a orbi router

Hey Kevin thanks for replying.
The model is Orbi Wifi6 I believe
Firmware version V4.6.5.14_2.0.54
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Maybe you have the RBR750? (matches the firmware version) Check on the label. 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

What wireless chipset is in your gaming pc? 

Does it connect to the wifi? 

Or are you hardwiring it in? 

Message 4 of 6

@Killiose wrote:
.... the only device having issues connecting to the internet through wifi is my gaming desktop. Whenever I run diagnostics it comes back telling me that the default gateway in unavailable.

If only one device connects to the router while another one doesn't, I would look at the troublesome device rather than the router. If other things connect to the router, then it is doing its job.

If your gaming desktop is a Windows PC, then a good place to start is with the Network Troubleshooter in Windows. How you get that depends on your version of Windows. You don't say.

In Windows 10, try running the Network Troubleshooter in Windows. Start here:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

This place is for help with General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk and Non-Orbi). For hardware specific problems, you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 5 of 6

@michaelkenward wrote:

If your gaming desktop is a Windows PC, then a good place to start is with the Network Troubleshooter in Windows. How you get that depends on your version of Windows. You don't say.

My mistake, I missed "Windows 10" in the subject.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7