Re: Windows Home Server v1 & 2011 Issues!

Ash3000
Follower

Windows Home Server v1 & 2011 Issues!

Hi,

I recently purchased a DGND3700, its a great peice of kit, however i cant seem to use my Home Servers 'Remote Services'

When trying to use the setup wizard on WHS2011 beta it keeps saying uPnP isnt setup correctly, even though when I look in the setting for the router its turned on...

Is anyone else using Home Server 2011? Do you have this issue too?

Is there a fix?

Ive just paid £150 for a 'best-in-class' router as i wanted it to work fully with my Home Server (which is also my home business!)

I even contacted 'Netgear Sales' before I took the plunge and they assured me that it would work!!

Any help would be much appreciated! :-(
Message 1 of 7
tomwoh
Aspirant

I am having no problems (I consider a 3700 issue) with this on my 3700 and WHS2011. TDo you have UPNP turned on in the 3700? One thing I did that may or may not be related is I gave my WHS2011 a static IP. I have seen the error you mention but everytime I've checked I've discovered my internet connection had been dropped. (My internet provider is horrible) and going into server settings takes care of it or if I wait a bit the error clears itshelf. Take a look in the UPNP port table is it possible there are other machines already taking those ports? Are there any ports even listed in the table? Last resort you could give your WHS2011 machine a static IP then manually setup the port forwarding.

Below is an example of what I see in my UPNP table - my WHS2011 has a static IP of 192.168.0.46

YES TCP 80 80 192.168.0.46
YES TCP 443 443 192.168.0.46

Thanks,

Tom
Message 2 of 7
Dazeon
Aspirant

I have just installed the RTM version of Windows Home Server 2011 today and I am getting a constant 'The router is not configured correctly' Alert.

Oddly enough, before I installed the RTM version the router was working perfectly with the last beta/release candidate version.

My server is always assigned the same IP using Address Reservation.

When I go to http://example.homeserver.com I am greeted with the router login prompt, even though Remote Management is turned off.

It's pretty annoying.
Message 3 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

router does not support loopback.

http://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/loopback_connections.html
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 7
Dazeon
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
router does not support loopback.

http://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/loopback_connections.html

I thought about that, however, it did work with the DGND3700 until my RTM install today.

You're correct anyway, it works using my mobile internet on my phone.

It worked perfectly with the same router firmware for many months, using the pre-release version of Windows Home Server 2011.

I really hope Netgear release a new updated firmware for the DGND3700 soon.
Message 5 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I wouldn't hope on loopback support. very very selective model did get firmware changes on it
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 6 of 7
Dazeon
Aspirant

Just a quick update.

Oddly enough it seems to be working perfectly now?

Launchpad has complained twice about my router not being configured correctly, but it has always come back up when I've checked.

Possibly a Windows Home Server issue then?
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E