Re: Windr3700v4 router wont factory reset

mbiswas
Aspirant

Windr3700v4 router wont factory reset

Hello

I have a Netgear Router N 600 Model Windr3700v4  router .From last night all of a sudden all lights started blinking . I turned off the router and when I now try to turn it on the ethernet lights marked as 1 2 3 4 starts blinking .  I have tried to factory reset but even after holding for 20 secs nothing happens and i do not get any IP address over ethernet connection . The wireless also do not show up in the list of connections . Currenly when i turn off and turn on the router  ethernet lights marked as 1 2 3 4 starts blinking for 2 secs then all it does now is the power light is on, 5 GHz light is on and usb light is on . I cannot connect to the router please help?

Message 1 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @mbiswas

Try to follow the reset instructions below and then reconfigure your router.

1. With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on the back of unit for 30seconds.
2. Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds.
3. Power on the unit while STILL pushing the reset button and count for another 30 seconds before letting it go.

After reset, reconfigure the router to get the Internet connection back. See the appropriate steps that applies to your connection.

Cable Connection

DSL Connection

Let us know what happens.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 4
mbiswas
Aspirant

Thank you ElaineM for the update . I followed the instructions twice but no luck , the router behavior is still the same. When I now turn it on the 4 LED for the ethernet just blinks and if i connect a cable to any of the ethernet ports my laptop gets APIPA address .

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@mbiswas Try to assign a static IP address on the computer that is directly connected with ethernet connection of 192.168.1.5 then verify if you can ping the router's IP (192.168.1.1) in order to access the admin page of the router.

If you can still access the admin page, try to do a firmware upgrade or reflash.
The latest firmware can be downloaded from this link.

Once you have successfully upgraded the firmware, reconfigure the router and remove the static IP address on the computer.

Keep us updated.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements