Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wired Lag Spikes with RBK753S and Hitron EN2251

litex2x
Aspirant

Wired Lag Spikes with RBK753S and Hitron EN2251

Ever since I installed my RBK753S from Costco it has been expericencing random lag spikes both on wired and wireless connections. The supplied router from Spectrum was stable but could not cover my upper floor so I decided to try out a WiFi mesh. I am getting lag spikes in games while wired in. An unstable wired connection is very disappointing to see. Also experiencing lag spikes on my Macbook while working on WiFi.

My home is less than 1500 sq. ft. Orbi should be overkill. I turned off Netgear Armor. I do not have traffic meter enabled. I set the DNS servers to Google. My firmware is V3.2.18.1. I don't know what else to do.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
litex2x
Aspirant

Re: Wired Lag Spikes with RBK753S and Hitron EN2251

I have moved my Spectrum provided modem to a different location and this seems to have solve the problem. Accepting as the solution for now.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi litex2x,

Good day!

I would like to endorse you to NETGEAR Level 2 support team for callback. Please provide the following information:

Name:
Email:
Phone:
Preferred schedule (atleast 2 days ahead)
Timezone:
Device S/N:

Alternatively, if you wish to be contacted via email only then kindly include your preferred email address.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
titaniumrx8
Apprentice

I have had issues using Google for dns with the Orbi. Couldn't connect to some website I use. I let Spectrum be the dns and no issues.
Message 3 of 5
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@titaniumrx8,

Thank you for the information.

@litex2x,

We would like to a follow-up on this one.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
litex2x
Aspirant

I have moved my Spectrum provided modem to a different location and this seems to have solve the problem. Accepting as the solution for now.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7