× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wired connection defaults to guest network

jjjd
Initiate

Wired connection defaults to guest network

Router is AC1750 R6400v2. I can connect to wireless network or guest network with a wireless connection. If I try to connect by wired connection, it connects to the guest network and I cannot see the other network. Is there a setting that will default to the other network?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Wired connection defaults to guest network

What is displaying that? Windows? 
if so, its just how windows automatically creates the network profile. 

You can change it but it means modifying the registry. (not a good idea unless you know a bit about it). 

https://www.howtogeek.com/364291/how-to-change-or-rename-the-active-network-profile-name-in-windows-...

Unless its impacting performance, I wouldn't worry about how windows is displaying it. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

there isn't a guest network on the wired connection. 

So are you just talking about how windows displays it or is identifying the router? 

Message 2 of 4
jjjd
Initiate

That's what I'm confused about. When I connect with a wired connection, it displays my guest network name. This would lead me to believe, somehow, it is connected to my guest network. How do I make it display/connect to not my guest network?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

What is displaying that? Windows? 
if so, its just how windows automatically creates the network profile. 

You can change it but it means modifying the registry. (not a good idea unless you know a bit about it). 

https://www.howtogeek.com/364291/how-to-change-or-rename-the-active-network-profile-name-in-windows-...

Unless its impacting performance, I wouldn't worry about how windows is displaying it. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7