× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wired connection issue with R6250 in WAP config

Molosander
Follower

Wired connection issue with R6250 in WAP config

Hello all! I have a unique and specific issue that i can't solve. I hope someone can help!

TLDR; My R6250 is in a Wireless Access Point configuration and only gives partial internet access to my wired-connection desktop.

I have run every diagnostic and reset i can find on the internet and had given up for a long while to ever finding a solution. My Desktop has been connected wirelessly in the meantime and works fine. The reason for trying once again to fix the issue is I connected(wired) my PC to a different access point belonging to a family member recently and it worked fine.

The issue is that while not showing an internet connection on windows, i can access web pages, stream video and even sometimes connect to servers. What I cant do is use programs that use the internet, discord, spotify, steam, origin, ubisoft, blizzard, etc..

Please help! If you need more information, please ask. I am a long time PC user and can usually stumble my way through some CMD commands but i do not know much about networking. Thank you!
Model: R6250|Smart WiFi Router (AC1600)
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7