Wired or Wireless - Pick only one

netmarcos
Aspirant

Wired or Wireless - Pick only one

New router - 3 days in use. Suddenly stopped communicating with wired devices. All indicator lights remain on, but DHCP and routing functions are disabled for wired connections. Restart of the router restores wired LAN functions, but only until the wireless components are fully functional and then they turn off. Even manually configuring a wired device with valid TCP/IP settings will not restore connectivity.

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 6
Joe_
Apprentice

Re: Wired or Wireless - Pick only one

Try a factory reset, if that doesn't work you may have a defective unit. Return it.
Message 2 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I would reflash with latest firmware or same version and see if that helps but if this fails to work with hard reset, reflashing firmware , returning the unit for exchanged from where you purchased is a good idea.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 6
netmarcos
Aspirant

Thanks guys. I have tried all of the angles suggested - even to the point of returning and getting a different unit. Straight out of the box, in its default state it behaves exactly the same a s the previous one. Pursuing with tech support - so far to no avail. Bad production run? Maybe I should try one from a different retail outlet...
Message 4 of 6
Joe_
Apprentice

Some people appear to have this router functioning properly to the point that they are quite pleased with it. Generally, you don't hear from such persons on these forums. It's when people have problems that they show up here.

This router seems to be plagued with problems, some of which have some similarity among reports. With other reports, it is not so easy to establish a common problem.

In fact, there have been public releases of beta firmware for both the v1 and v2 just recently.

I think it would be best if you to take the time to have a good read in these forums. That should go some way in helping you to understand what you may be getting yourself into.
Message 5 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

if the unit is is brown box then it was refurb unit. so make sure you buy brand new retail box unit

just 2cents.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos