Re: Wireless 2.4Ghz problem

Jaime
Novice

Wireless 2.4Ghz problem

I upgraded my firmware today to the newest version (1.0.1.20_1.0.40) and when I enabled "Mode: Up to 450Mbps" I kept getting connection drops, but the wired connections are fine. After going back to "Mode:Up to 217Mbps" everything seems to be fine.
Is anyone else getting this problem, and is there a way to fix it?

....also is it possible to get the older firmwares in case I decide to downgrade to the previous version I had?

Thanks Smiley Happy
Jaime
Message 1 of 6
sabretooth
Apprentice

After the upgrade did you hard reset the router back to factory defaults and then reconfigure it back to your settings using no backup file?
Message 2 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

After flashing firmware , hard reset the router
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 6
Devor
Luminary

Jaime wrote:
also is it possible to get the older firmwares in case I decide to downgrade to the previous version I had?

There are two versions of the WNDR4500. You didn't specify a version, but based on the firmware you did mention, you would find earlier firmware here.

You also might want to look at the link in my signature. Although written for the WNDR3700, it will offer some guidance when changing firmware.
_____
WNDR3700v1 (v1.0.7.98NA) - Router uptime (d:h:m:s): 1155:02:31:46 - How To Check and Change Your Router's Firmware: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=63234
Message 4 of 6
Jaime
Novice

Thanks for the replies guys. I re-updated the firmware as per Devor's instructions, and still my wireless connection craps out (constant disconnects) when I choose the 2.4Ghz mode "up to 450Mbps". "Up to 217Mbps" and Hard wired work fine. The laptop I tested it on is only 8ft from the router!
I'm starting to think there's something wrong with the router, which sucks because it's out of warranty.
Message 5 of 6

Jaime,

Since you have already performed a hard reset... Try updating the drivers for your wireless adapter. In 450Mbps mode the router uses channel bonding... a lower end adapter or one with outdated drivers might have compatibility issues or difficulty keeping up.
~Comcast 1 Gbps/50 Mbps SB8200 > R8000P
~R8000P FW:1.4.1.68 ~R7000 FW:1.0.9.42
~R6400 FW:1.0.1.52 ~Orbi-AC3000 FW:2.5.1.8
~EX3700 FW:1.0.0.84

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E