Wireless Keeps Dropping

xpistos
Aspirant

Wireless Keeps Dropping

I have a WGT624v3 and it works great except that it keeps dropping its wireless connection like once a day.

I am currently using WPA2-PSK [AES] as my security and have used b&g and G only with similar results.

I am going to try setting the router to WEP and using mac accessing to see if that helps but I am at my wits end. This happens on all my wireless devices and I went out and got another router but with similar results, but that was a used router and I am not sure that worked either. I have no idea what is wrong here.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated but will take like 2 days to verify if they are working or not.
Message 1 of 6
xpistos
Aspirant

Wireless Keeps Dropping

Thanks in advance!
Message 2 of 6
Mars Mug
Virtuoso

Re: Wireless Keeps Dropping

Wireless interference from something like a microwave oven or video sender can have this effect, possibly more likely in your case since you have seen the problem with two different routers. Do you know roughly when it happens, i.e. is it during the daytime or day/night? When you lose wireless does it automatically return?
Message 3 of 6
xpistos
Aspirant

Thanks for the the idea, but the microwave wasn't in use and the the only wireless device was a Roku so same issue.

As for the time frame, it happens at all different times, morning, evening, afternoon ...

There isn't really a pattern to it.
Message 4 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

two router doing something would be some related to interference issues .

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/
try look around any channel interference issues
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 5 of 6
xpistos
Aspirant

I don't think it is interference because when it happens all the wireless devices die withing a 10 minute period and if I do nothing to the router, nothing changes. But if I go in and change the password to the same password on the router and save everything works again. Even if I do nothing to the individual devices, computer, cell phone, PS3 and roku???
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E