× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless connects but no internet

Spixe
Aspirant

Wireless connects but no internet

I have the wnr2000v3, firmware V1.1.2.18.  It was working just fine until I recently started playing with it to try to use it as a wireless AP.  That's how I'm using it now.  It's connected to my ISP's modem using an ethernet cable, and then I have an ethernet cable going from the router to my computer.  

The computer's internet works fine, and I have many other devices that are connected and networked together just fine.  But my phone, which is connected to the routers wifi, doesn't have internet.  It tells me the network is unavailable.  Which is true, everytime I connect to the router, data just stops, but as soon as I disconnect, everything works fine (and updates).

Forgive me if the answer is on here already, but I searched around and couldn't find anything excelt for someone suggesting to upgrade the firmware (I have the latest), and changing the channel in Wireless Setup, which I changed from Auto to 2 and 5 (I don't wanna try all 13 as I reckon it'd be the same result).  I've also restarted the router and turned off/on wifi.  

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Model: WNR2000v3|N300 Wireless Router|EOL
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Spixe
Aspirant

Re: Wireless connects but no internet

Fortunally I found an old backup that I reloaded, and somehow it fixed whatever setting was broke, so it's working now.  I would have deleted this post but as far as I can tell there is no way to delete a post.  So... yeah...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Spixe
Aspirant

Re: Wireless connects but no internet

Fortunally I found an old backup that I reloaded, and somehow it fixed whatever setting was broke, so it's working now.  I would have deleted this post but as far as I can tell there is no way to delete a post.  So... yeah...

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7