× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless router

hendja
Aspirant

Wireless router

I have had a N900 wireless router for 3 months.  It ran out of tech support one week ago and quit connecting to wireless then.  I called Tech Support and they did some testing and said that there was nothing wrong with the hardware but the router wasn't 'communicating'.  They wanted to charge me $89 to extend my tech support.

I have:

connected directly to the internet

reset factory defaults

turned the router off and on multiple times

How can I get the router to communicate again?  Please help!

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
hendja
Aspirant

Re: Wireless router

Everything is working great!

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @hendja,

Welcome to the community!

Do you have internet access when you direct connect your computer directly to the modem?

Are you just having trouble with the wireless connection?

Try to see if this link would help get you back online.

Let us know what happens.

Message 2 of 9
hendja
Aspirant

Elaine--

I am trying this.   I have downloaded the firmware and installation instructions.  But  http://www.routerlogin.net/ won't open for me to login and continue.  I am hoping the site is just down.  I will continue trying.  Thank you SO much for trying to help me.

Message 3 of 9
hendja
Aspirant

P>S>  Elaine--I do have internet access when I plug my modem directly into my computer.  I am just having trouble with the wireless router.

Message 4 of 9
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@hendja Check this link on how to get into the router settings. I assume that when you say wireless router that means whole router not just the wireless portion of the router. If that's the case, reset the router by pushing the reset button on the router for 10 seconds. After reset, follow the instructions that was given previously to reconfigure the router.

Looking forward to your response.

Message 5 of 9
hendja
Aspirant

Elaine--I finally got into routerlogin.net and looked at everything.   I actually reset my factory defaults.  I reinstalled Netgear Genie.  She keeps telling me that my Wireless Adapter is not turned on on my computer.  I have no idea--I have searched on my computer but can't find that anywhere.  I am about to give up.  I am so frustrated.

Message 6 of 9
hendja
Aspirant

Elaine--You won't believe what I finally found.  I had hit the F2 key and turned the wireless off on my laptop.  Thanks for trying so hard to help me.   😞

Message 7 of 9
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@hendja That's good news! Is everything up and running?

Let us know if you need more help.

Message 8 of 9
hendja
Aspirant

Everything is working great!
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation