× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wndr4500v3 n900 not allowing internet connectivity

Rwolfe87
Aspirant

Wndr4500v3 n900 not allowing internet connectivity

My router will not let me access the wifi it says "connected but no internet" I had my motem checked by a tech today and he said my router is bad but I don't trust his judgement. any ideas?
Model: WNDR4500v2|N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
William10a
Master

Re: Wndr4500v3 n900 not allowing internet connectivity

@Rwolfe87 wrote:
Yes but only Google and YouTube major sites a sub site then shows a dns error

I would say that the problem is not with the router if you by passed it and still can not get on to the internet without errors either the isp service or the modem has problem I say may be the isp servers may have issue, sounds like the modem has a connection to your isp's service.

No dns means no internet server connection to rest of the web.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
William10a
Master

Have you tried rebooting the modem and router sometimes this clears the internet error when your devices still see the router.

Turn both off and restart the modem and let fully reboot next restart the router and let fully reboot. 

Message 2 of 7
Rwolfe87
Aspirant

Yes I have tried this multiple times. I have tried three wifi routers so I'm guessing it's the modem which I suggested to begin with but the service tech was dead set on blaming my router. It's almost like the motem is blocking the wifi router any suggestions?
Message 3 of 7
William10a
Master

Have you tried a wired lan connection direct to the modem to a hardwired computer too see if the internet returns?

Message 4 of 7
Rwolfe87
Aspirant

Message 5 of 7
William10a
Master

@Rwolfe87 wrote:

I would say that the problem is not with the router if you by passed it and still can not get on to the internet without errors either the isp service or the modem has problem I say may be the isp servers may have issue, sounds like the modem has a connection to your isp's service.

No dns means no internet server connection to rest of the web.

Message 6 of 7
Rwolfe87
Aspirant

Yes you are correct, the motem was bad even though when running diagnostics I was told it was good. A senior tech came out switched the motem like I originally thought and I am back up and running. I just wanted to verify my trouble shooting. Thanks for your time and support much appreciated.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7