Follower

Wpa2

How to enable WPA2 settings?
Message 1 of 10
Highlighted

Re: Wpa2

On what?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

HELLO..  I NEED TO UPDATE MY WIRELESS HOME ROUTER'S SECURITY TO WPA2 ...  CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME .. ALSO, I AM REALLY POOR WITH COMPUTER LINGO , SO INSTRUCTIONS MUST BE VERY EASY TO UNDERSTAND ( SORRY ABOUT THAT )  THANK YOU .... TONI

Message 3 of 10
Highlighted

What is your router? The model number?

You may have given the forum this information, but it has not passed it on to the rest of us.

The manual will explain what to do. It isn't that complicated.

By the way, you have joined in on an older discussion so there's a chance that the official support team will be too busy following new stuff to find your message. It is usually better to start your own fresh discussion if you want their attention.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

HELLO ....   IT IS A NETGEAR N150 WIRELESS ROUTER  WNR1000 v3    THX !

Message 5 of 10
Highlighted

There is a manual for the WNR1000v3 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> WNR1000v3 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See page 2-9.

Just another user.

Message 6 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

OK THX ..  BUT I DONT STILL UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY WANT ME TO DO OR HOW TO REALLY ACTUALLY DO IT ..... SORRY , NOT JUST THAT SMART WITH COMPUTERS ...  : (     NEED SOMEONE TO HELP WALK ME THRU THE PROCESS ....  

Message 7 of 10
Highlighted

Who are "they"?

What have "they" told you to do?

Just another user.

Message 8 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hello. Thx for trying to help me. But do you think that my router is just to old ? Maybe time to buy a new one. Which one would u suggest? A inexpensive one but that has good security. Which do u think about the Nighthawk AC 1900. Model 6900 ? It is on sale right now for $90. Thanks for all your help. Toni
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted

Your router will not be too old to handle WPA2 security. It is an industry standard thing that has been around for years. It is there to provide wifi security.

Without knowing what you are trying to do, and what problems you are trying to fix, it is hard to know if it would be easier with a newer router.

It isn't that hard with older routers. You can even use a push button approach.

There is a manual for one variant of the WNR1000v3 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> WNR1000v3 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

It may be easier to follow the stuff on page 28.

Any other router will require you to make the same sort of changes.

By the way, how do you know that WPA2 isn't there already?

The R6900 is a mainstream router. It has all the modern standards for wifi, Ethernet speeds and other stuff. Looks like a bargain at $90.

There is support stuff for it at the end of this link:

>>> R6900 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

That will give you some idea of how complicated it is to manage.

Just another user.

Message 10 of 10