Xbox Live Disconnects

ReaperN
Follower

Xbox Live Disconnects

I seem to have this weird issue that whenever my PC is connected to the router, my Xbox Live connection seems to drop and disconnect randomly every few minutes.

My setup includes:

Motorola SB6120 modem
NETGEAR WNDR3700 router
Xbox Live WIRED to router
PC WIRED to router

Wireless connections such as laptop works fine however. It's only the wired connections that have problems with each other (PC and Xbox Live)

Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 10
MuckDx
Aspirant

Re: Xbox Live Disconnects

Right this is easy and i can also get all your ports open and your connection running sweeeeet;)

first of all I.P set up...

are you on cable? virgin media as i know how to set this up perfectly having read so many strings and threads over the last few months people are still missing certain set up options.. you must have the I.P set to automatic.. and your dns set to manual..(insert the dns settings from your isp) (if not sure plug direct into lappy and go through network card options tab details and it will show you) also same on your xbox.. make sure they match when connected to the router via the attached devises tab.. upnp ticked.. and no ports forwarded.. reboot everything modem router than xbox.. make sure the xbox is set to a static I.p via the lan setup tab.. it will then show up as the same I.P addy on the xbox and router. click on upnp tab and you should see port 3074 active udp....???

if so your half way there...

to open the rest of the ports you need to cable in a laptop/desktop and go to network connections.. you should see your internet gateway click on it and properties and it should come up showing port 3074 and the xbox ip addy..

now you manually add the rest of the ports 3074 tcp 53 tcp/udp 88 udp and 80 tcp.... log back into the router and click upnp tab..

voila all your ports are open and no need to port forward:) happy playing!! sorting this out has saved me hundreds of pounds smashing xbox pads up the wall lol... any help message me... be patient though i will sort it for you... i can also show you screen shots and like wise to prove this.. private message me if need be! all the best muckdx
Message 2 of 10
MuckDx
Aspirant

oh P.s make sure your firmware is upto date!!! muckdx
Message 3 of 10
bengals
Aspirant

i need help from here i can see that there is 3074 udp on upnp portmap table and i still need to open tcp 3074 i still need help please reply thanks
Message 4 of 10
Joe_
Apprentice

bengals wrote:
i need help from here i can see that there is 3074 udp on upnp portmap table and i still need to open tcp 3074 i still need help please reply thanks

As MuckDx said in the last paragraph of post #2 ...private message him/her!

You can do this by left clicking on MuckDx in heading of the post. Just carry on after like sending an E-mail.

I don't have an XBox, but the procedure described seems to be fairly straightforward, if you are ok with the casual writing style.
Message 5 of 10
bengals
Aspirant

MuckDx wrote:
Right this is easy and i can also get all your ports open and your connection running sweeeeet;)

first of all I.P set up...

are you on cable? virgin media as i know how to set this up perfectly having read so many strings and threads over the last few months people are still missing certain set up options.. you must have the I.P set to automatic.. and your dns set to manual..(insert the dns settings from your isp) (if not sure plug direct into lappy and go through network card options tab details and it will show you) also same on your xbox.. make sure they match when connected to the router via the attached devises tab.. upnp ticked.. and no ports forwarded.. reboot everything modem router than xbox.. make sure the xbox is set to a static I.p via the lan setup tab.. it will then show up as the same I.P addy on the xbox and router. click on upnp tab and you should see port 3074 active udp....???

if so your half way there...

to open the rest of the ports you need to cable in a laptop/desktop and go to network connections.. you should see your internet gateway click on it and properties and it should come up showing port 3074 and the xbox ip addy..

now you manually add the rest of the ports 3074 tcp 53 tcp/udp 88 udp and 80 tcp.... log back into the router and click upnp tab..

voila all your ports are open and no need to port forward:) happy playing!! sorting this out has saved me hundreds of pounds smashing xbox pads up the wall lol... any help message me... be patient though i will sort it for you... i can also show you screen shots and like wise to prove this.. private message me if need be! all the best muckdx

please i need more clarification on how to open these poorts thanx
Message 6 of 10
Tank_Killer
Tutor

I use port triggering for my xbox live. I reccomend disabling unpnp altogether and use port triggering, or port forwarding. Port triggering is great cuz it doesnt matter what IP the xbox has, also u can have multiple xbox's (like I do) work. on the firmware .78 I noticed some issues with unpnp. goto http://www.portforward.com and get the list of what ports u need to trigger and weather their TCP/UDP ect.
Message 7 of 10
MuckDx
Aspirant

Ive found different set ups work for different games port triggering is another way so try all options for each game. and you will find what config is best.
Message 8 of 10
MuckDx
Aspirant

Another way which works for me too is to dmz your xbox and remove all port forwarding/triggering. turn upnp off and you should get a perfect connection.
Message 9 of 10
MuckDx
Aspirant

oh also set your i.p to static on your xbox and router and use the dns settings from your isp.

xbox set up ...set manually the i.p and dns.

router. static i.p in basic settings and use your isp dns settings primary and secondary.

set your i.p for your xbox in lan settings to the one you set it too manually on the xbox.
then in wan setting on the router set the dmz server to the xbox i.p.
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E