You better help me tonight

Zdt17
Aspirant

You better help me tonight

I just purchased the R6300 today setup worked then slowed then no connection. I plan to return this product tomorrow for your competitors product. Please help with this fix or I will not buy netgear products again.
Message 1 of 12
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: You better help me tonight

Too vague but assume WAN/internet is down too or just wireless

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/R6300
there is few of the firmware are already released so I would also try flashing firmware as well.

Detail information are helpful others to assist.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 12
madhatter
Apprentice

Zdt17 wrote:
I just purchased the R6300 today setup worked then slowed then no connection. I plan to return this product tomorrow for your competitors product. Please help with this fix or I will not buy netgear products again.

this is a user-forum ... we have no vested interest in whether or not you keep a product, since we didn't help you last night, and you told us we'd "better" do that, we can assume you took it back.
1xRBR50 1xRBS50 2xRBS40
Message 3 of 12
Zdt17
Aspirant

I have not returned it yet. What I have come to know is... The old router also would connect and disconnect. The modem is a ubee and it might be because of too many splitters. Now once It gets to be consistent again and we are online. Problems I have had
*would work and extremely slow down
*upgraded firmware seem to make it worse.
*disabled wmm
Message 4 of 12
Zdt17
Aspirant

I really don't want to return it. It gets very fast speeds and looks to be good we are having a guy come over to look at the cable setup then after all that it might just be the modem... support would be nice. Sorry just wanted to get some help since tech wouldn't respond last night.
Message 5 of 12
madhatter
Apprentice

Zdt17 wrote:
I have not returned it yet. What I have come to know is... The old router also would connect and disconnect. The modem is a ubee and it might be because of too many splitters. Now once It gets to be consistent again and we are online. Problems I have had
*disabled wmm

I reverted from the latest f/2 to the prior version:
R6300 Firmware Version 1.0.2.10
1xRBR50 1xRBS50 2xRBS40
Message 6 of 12
madhatter
Apprentice

madhatter wrote:
I reverted from the latest f/2 to the prior version:
R6300 Firmware Version 1.0.2.10

F/2 = F/W oops
1xRBR50 1xRBS50 2xRBS40
Message 7 of 12
Zdt17
Aspirant

I did that didn't seem to help...
Message 8 of 12
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Zdt17 wrote:
*disabled wmm

If you are using cable modem and has too many splitter then you need to look that.

Cable modem MUST be on the first splitter. Each behind the next splitter will reduce 3db each filter so you will have a problem ...
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 9 of 12
Zdt17
Aspirant

Great news! Cable guy came replaced cable coming into the house and the internet is on the first splitter Yay! and I get to enjoy the new blazing fast router! Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Zdt17 wrote:
Great news! Cable guy came replaced cable coming into the house and the internet is on the first splitter Yay! and I get to enjoy the new blazing fast router! Smiley Happy

figure... enjoy!!Smiley HappySmiley Happy
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 11 of 12
eXR3
Novice

Zdt17 wrote:

Good to hear your problem is solved. Sometimes people get this knee jerk reaction and blame the new router Smiley Very Happy.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E