× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Your Connection is not Private

chas1025
Tutor

Your Connection is not Private

I updated my system last night, now no matter what I do I keep getting the Your connection is not private.  I have rebooted several times and occasionally the system will work for a few minutes, then goes right back to conneciton not private.  I have the same outcome on both Safari and Chrome browsers.  I have a secondary network as a backup.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Charles

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Your Connection is not Private

I have a secondary network as a backup.  Any info would be appreciated.

What is this secondary network and how do you have it setup? 

Is it causing a double nat? 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 2 of 7
chas1025
Tutor

My backup network is part of the Xfinity router/X1 system.  It has always been there for the 3 years I have run the Orbi system.  Never had a problem before.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

And sometimes updates either of the xfinity system or the orbi start having issues with the cascaded routers. 

you're going:

X1--->orbi

Is that correct? 

have you tried using the orbi in access point mode or putting the orbi's ip address into the X1's DMZ?

Message 4 of 7
chas1025
Tutor

Yes, did not change anything.  I am concerned something about the Orbi update caused the problem.  There was no Xfinity update recently.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

have you tried using the orbi in access point mode or putting the orbi's ip address into the X1's DMZ?

Or putting the orbi in access point mode? 

Message 6 of 7
chas1025
Tutor

I figured out the problem,,,and it was simple.   For some reason, the parental controls paused every device in the house on the Orbi network.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7