Re: adding on a mac address

PPG48
Aspirant

adding on a mac address

Even though I am logged in I cannot find how to add on a mac address for my IP camera on my extender.

Please help

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5

@PPG48 wrote:

Even though I am logged in I cannot find how to add on a mac address for my IP camera on my extender.

It is usually the router that handles local addressing. The Extender just passes on requests.

What is this camera and why are you worried about its Mac address.

Start with the problem. Something like "How do I connect my camera?" rather than a vague idea of what the solution might be.

There is a separate section for extenders:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 5
PPG48
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

@PPG48 wrote:

It is usually the router that handles local addressing. The Extender just passes on requests.

What is this camera and why are you worried about its Mac address.

Start with the problem. Something like "How do I connect my camera?" rather than a vague idea of what the solution might be.

There is a separate section for extenders:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

The cameras I was attempting to connect are IP Cameras.

The reason I was attempting to change the Mac addresses was simply because, for some reasons, and after several attempts, using the cameras app YCC365, the cameras were not connecting at all to the extender, nor to the Netgear Nighthawk X6 I have; hence I thought that maybe by changing the mac addresses to the Mac addresses of the camera it would work. not so!!

After contacting the Netgear support and three hours something... the supervisor advised me that the extender was faulty and that it need to be replaced.

Now, after disconnecting completely the Extender, I tried and succeeded to connect both cameras to my ISP modem; however, the ONVIF camera quite often disconnect and I think that it may be because I have a fairly large house with many devices.

Please see my new post with details of my home and my queries as to which system would be optimum for me.

Thank you

Message 3 of 5

@PPG48 wrote:

The cameras I was attempting to connect are IP Cameras.

Yes, but I assume that they have a brand and model.

@PPG48 wrote:

Please see my new post with details of my home and my queries as to which system would be optimum for me.

I will if I come a cross it, but I fear that none of the stuff above about messing around with MAC addresses makes much sense.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 5
PPG48
Aspirant

I thought I mention before that the cameras have no particular BRAND that I can find.

Surely you must be aware that there are thousand of those IP cameras being sold in the world with no names....

They are not all bad and furthermore even if you go and purchase an Ip camera or CCTV camera no doubt you are also aware that almost all of them are manufactured in an Asian country.

As I also indicated in my previous post I was able to connect both cameras individually and with individual names for the front and the back  through my ISP router.

At the moment though, the front camera which is the bigger one ONVIF P2P HD keeps disconnecting itself and I have to try to figure it out on my own I guess. Since I have had so many of what I thinkk being, "hog wash" advices from NETGEAR assistants....either from Phillipines or India all with different advice and recommendations. Initially, the story was that, they, NTEGEAR assistants,  recommended for me to invest in a good quality router ...like the R 8000 X6. I did. no success with better WIFI at my home; Recommended to purchase plan to be able to have matter invistigated and SOLVED... I did; nonetheless WIFI reception is still no good; Then on my return from Singapore I where I purchased those two cameras ( not from a street or market seller) then new recommendation to further invest in WI FI extender Netgear X7000 AC 1900, as well possibly a switch would help as well and I did.

So after so much extra spending on branded equipment, the NETGEAR experts..... were not able to connect my cameras, and the WIFI reception is still as BAD AS BEFORE THOSE EXTRA PURCHASES.

Oh yes, suggestions were that the cameras or the software must be faulty. How about my WIFI?????

The last NETGEAR assistant worked on changing just about every settings on my devices for over THREE HOURS, many thanks to him for his dedication; At the end he advized me that the Netgear X7000 AC 1900 was faulty and a replacement will be on its way soon.

Even though, I am really wondering if a new WIFI extender will improve my WIFI reception; let alone switching the two cameras to WIFI on 2.4Ghz.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E