× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

anywhere access and parent control

sdamon
Initiate

anywhere access and parent control

When I try to enable Circle parent control I get an error message "this operation not available using anywhere Access". When I try to disable Anywhere Access I get the same message. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: anywhere access and parent control

@sdamon wrote:

When I try to enable Circle parent control I get an error message "this operation not available using anywhere Access".

I assume that you are using the Nighthawk app for this. It probably means that you have to go into the browser graphical user interface (GUI) to set up Circle before you can use Anywhere Access to control it.

Or you could try using local access with the Nighthawk app.

@sdamon wrote:

When I try to disable Anywhere Access I get the same message.

Why do you want to do that?

Your footer says that you have the RBR20. You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Read the bit in the manual Enable Circle smart parental controls.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 4
sdamon
Initiate

Thank you for responding. I do not have Nighthawk.  I use the Orbi app on my phone to control the network.  While I don't really want to disable anywhere access, I want to enable circle parent controls.  I will try looking at the resources you suggested.  

Message 3 of 4

Replace Nighthawk with Orbi and the same advice applies.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7