× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: c6300v2 Stuck on amber internet light

pat5150
Aspirant

c6300v2 Stuck on amber internet light

Firmware: 1.0.3.8_1.0.60

Nothing changed, then all of the sudden, the connectivity light went from green to amber. The router will not detect the internet signal. If I hardwire from the modem (Netgear CM1000) I get internet no problem, though all my wired portions of my house.  Therefore the internet is there an working. If I take that same cable and put it back into the router, the light stays amber, and it will not connect to the internet. I CAN connect to the router and get into the Genie settings and it says there's a firmware update, which I downloaded, but there's not way to install it. Although, I don't think that's the problem anyway.  Did my router fail? or can I reprogram it to again recognize the internet signal?

Thank you

P

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
pat5150
Aspirant

The firmware update, plus a new signal from Comcast to the router fixed the problem. Back to green. Not sure why it went out anyway.

Good job, Pat!

Thanks, Pat!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
pat5150
Aspirant

Yes, I power cycled. Did the reset. Power cycled the modem and  computers. Called Comcast and they said since I have internet, the modem is working fine and the router is the problem (duh). 

Message 2 of 4
pat5150
Aspirant

Just upgraded the firmware to 

Firmware Version
V1.0.4.36_10.0.93

Power cycled, and still Amber

Message 3 of 4
pat5150
Aspirant

The firmware update, plus a new signal from Comcast to the router fixed the problem. Back to green. Not sure why it went out anyway.

Good job, Pat!

Thanks, Pat!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7