× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cannot connect to routerlogin page - "Checking the Internet connection; please wait …"

CaptainCosmic
Aspirant

cannot connect to routerlogin page - "Checking the Internet connection; please wait …"

(N300 seems to be working fine BUT...)

N300 WiFi Router - Model WNR2000v5 won't let me login - The N300 is connected by ethernet through its WAN port to my fiber "modem-router" which is a "Technicolor, Telia WiFi-router Plus"

The Technicolor has assigned the WNR2000v5 an IP address of 192.168.1.80 --

but I cannot get into the login screen because it is constantly "Checking the Internet connection; please wait …"

http://192.168.1.80/BRS_index.htm - Checking the Internet connection; please wait... ---

http://www.routerlogin.net/BRS_index.htm - Checking the Internet connection; please wait … ---

http://www.routerlogin.com/BRS_index.htm - Checking the Internet connection; please wait …

The N300 seem to be working fine because I am connected to it throught the wireless connection. I am able to cruize the web. The digital tv box connected to the N300 is working ok - IT Just will not let me login to the admin to configure it.

Model: WNR2000v5|N300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CaptainCosmic
Aspirant

Re: cannot connect to routerlogin page - "Checking the Internet connection; please wait …"

After hours of watching this damn "Checking the Internet connection; please wait …" My machine suddenly works! I wish I could say what I did to fix it.

I suppose it was giving up and asking for help? Now I am able to get into the login screen.

PROBLEM SOLVED - No solution but works now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Re: cannot connect to routerlogin page - "Checking the Internet connection; please wait …"

Is the WNR2000v5 in router mode or AP mode?

If it's in router mode, then you can't use 192.168.1.80 to log in because that's the WAN address.  As far as the WNR2000v5 is concerned, anything on the WAN side is the Internet and it will block all attempts by anyone to connect to its WAN address.

You should use the router's LAN address to connect to it.  This otherwise known as the default gateway address.  Look it up on your device and enter it into your browser.

There's usually no need to operate two routers in a home network.  You really should switch the Netgear to AP mode.  This will disable the router and firewall functions and leave with you with one, simple network.

Message 2 of 5
CaptainCosmic
Aspirant

After hours of watching this damn "Checking the Internet connection; please wait …" My machine suddenly works! I wish I could say what I did to fix it.

I suppose it was giving up and asking for help? Now I am able to get into the login screen.

PROBLEM SOLVED - No solution but works now.

Message 3 of 5
Healdc69
Aspirant

Can someone please tell me if you need a Internet provider to use netgear equipment
Message 4 of 5
doraemon
Prodigy

Normally, you do need a modem.

Though some setup/users only have an ethernet port in their room to access the internet.

If that's your setup then that's ok. You can still use the router as long as your PC can get online through that ethernet port.

You have to make sure that your PC can get online first through ethernet connection. If it does, then you can use the router.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7