× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cant find wifi router name

thihacr1993
Aspirant

cant find wifi router name

My internet service went out few times today so I had to restart to modem for like the first 2 times and my laptop and my phone was able to reconnect to the wifi just fine. But the last time I had my modem restart, I tried to connec the wifi service on my iphone and my laptop but the wifi name doesn't show up at all. Can anyone help me to fix this issue so I can connect to my wifi again? thank you!

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: cant find wifi router name

Does it work if you're hardwired in?

What are all the led's showing on it? 

Did the wifi on/off button get pushed during the resets? Push and hold it for 2 seconds. 

Message 2 of 8
thihacr1993
Aspirant

Does it work if you're hardwired in? - I have not tried hardwired it yet but I'll check it out.

What are all the led's showing on it?  - all the led are lighted up except the last 2 icons (one looks like 3 computer connected to each others and one looks like the USB icon)

Did the wifi on/off button get pushed during the resets? Push and hold it for 2 seconds. - I did push and hold it for few second the last time I tried it. The modem lighted up and works fine but no wifi name shown on my laptop and my phone

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

did it somehow get set back to defaults? 

Maybe its broadcasting under a different ssid. 

I'd log into it hardwired and check the ssid/password info as well as if it works. 

Message 4 of 8
thihacr1993
Aspirant

Thank you! I'll check that. Sorry but how do I log into the hardwired and check the ssid/password info? I tried to use either routerlogin.net or http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar to check but nothing shown. I'm using the internet on my phone at the moment.

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

connect a pc/laptop to the C6300. Then go to 192.168.100.1

Message 6 of 8
thihacr1993
Aspirant

Thanks. I’ve connected the hardwire with my laptop. No WiFi name shown up neither. I was able to log into my my hardwired and checked the SSID. The SSID info has not changed. I’m not sure why it doesn’t shown my WiFi name. I tried to manually type the SSID name in my phone and it won’t be able to fine the network neither
Message 7 of 8
wcalifas
Prodigy

try doing a hard reset by pressig the reset button for 30 seconds and then log back into it and see if it comes back

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7