Re: configuring bandwith on guest option for customers to use

eddy30
Aspirant

configuring bandwith on guest option for customers to use

hello,

i have a netgear r6100 router, I have experience quite  few issues with fluxiating wifi connection when i have customers in my store.

the wifi is generaly used for cameras and register but we give out the wifi password to our customers for convienience purposes but as of lately our connections have been dropping, as of now ive changed the passwords so its only used to business purposes but i would like to still provide wifi to my customers, is there a setting i can designate an x amount of bandwith or would i need to buy a separate router and create a separate network for customers only?

Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @eddy30,

I recommend setting a separate guest network for your customers instead. You may refer to the link below for the steps.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24097

Note: Please ignore the model number since the steps should be the same.

Please keep us posted on the results in the event that the issue persists.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
eddy30
Aspirant

Dexter,

Thank you, is there a way to set a specific bandwith amount to give to customers? Forsay i have 75 but i wanted to allow 25 and leave me with 50, this way only a portion of my internet is used and most of it is given to my business use. is that possible
Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @eddy30,

There is currently no option to allocate a certain bandwidth for the guest network and main network.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements