× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ex3700 tmobil hotspot connectivity issues

sam340190
Aspirant

ex3700 tmobil hotspot connectivity issues

Hi there,

I am having issues connecting a ex3700 wifi extender to an Inseego 5ghotspot from tmobil. The process I have tried is as follows. 1. reset extender. 2. find the extender network, netgear_ext and connect to it from mobil device other than hotspot. 3.manage router under advanced settings and enter the information and begin to register the new network.4. I have tried all available networks that show from the hotspot they include 5ghrz , 2.4 and both. I also have the correct ssid. 5. enter the hotspot network password correct and confirmed 6.on the 5ghrz network I was unable to connect, but on the 2.4 the wizard indicated I was connected but with then final screen on the wizard where I confirm the connection and continue, after clicking continue it never connected to the hotspot. I have tried numerous times unsucessfully. I can however connect this to a phone that is being used as a hotspot relatively quick and easy just not the dedicated hotspot. Any help is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 2

Re: ex3700 tmobil hotspot connectivity issues

@sam340190 wrote:

Hi there,

I am having issues connecting a ex3700 wifi extender to an Inseego 5ghotspot from tmobil.

While many questions are generic – they apply to different devices regardless of their model number – in this case there are two devices involved, neither of which belongs in the category covered in this section General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk and Non-Orbi).

The ex3700 wifi extender. You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

As these things depend a lot on the device you plan to "extend", you may get better help over where they talk about this Inseego 5ghotspot. A quick search shows little sign that it is a router. But that label makes it impossible to tell which of the dozens of  different Inseego devices you own.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7