× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: firmware upgrade r6220

minimeme
Tutor

firmware upgrade r6220

just did an online search for updated firmware for my ac1200 r6220 router and online search shows there is a new firmware available, version 1.1.0.92,  but when checking from the routers online gui, it doesn't find it. i see the download online is for a beta update which i really want no part of, so kind of glad the routers gui didn't find it. currently have version 1.1.0.86 firmware.

i guess my question is will there be a final release of this that my web gui eventually does see? first time iver ever seen a beta release when searching online.

thank you

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Its a security fix. 

They usually roll it into future updates but push it out to close a security issue on that specific device instead of waiting on a larger firmware release. 

Message 2 of 6
minimeme
Tutor

ya, i saw that, but release notes don't say squat about what the fixes are. i installed it anyway and all is good except for that nighthawk app advertisement i now see in the gui!!

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

here's the security bulletins. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061516/Security-Advisory-for-HTTP-Authentication-Bypass-on-the-R6220-PSV-2...

https://kb.netgear.com/000061517/Security-Advisory-for-Password-Storage-Information-on-the-R6220-PSV...

I agree that the advertisement is annoying. hate when stuff I buy advertises to me but its the world we live in. 

Message 4 of 6
minimeme
Tutor

thank you. did some more searching around but never came across those, that i remember.

Message 5 of 6
minimeme
Tutor

fwiw,

this hotfix breaks ipv6 connection constantly. reverting back to previous version fixes it.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7