Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

help please I plugged ethernet cable into my router (n-600) wanting to get wifi in my back yard.

want wifi in my backyard to son's camper...plugged ethernet cable (indoor/outdoor) into my router..what do I plug the other end into to get wifi back there...son doesn't have computer back there ..uses iphone...we tried extender but no signal..please help

thanks

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Guru

Re: help please I plugged ethernet cable into my router (n-600) wanting to get wifi in my back yard.

You use an extender that supports Access Point (AP) mode. Otherwise, any router can be used as an Access Point. Some routers have an AP mode setting. Those that don't have one can be converted into an Access Point by disabling the DHCP server and connecting one of the LAN ports to the network.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted

Re: help please I plugged ethernet cable into my router (n-600) wanting to get wifi in my back yard.

What Netgear hardware is this? Did it ever give wifi in the backyard?

If it is a big yard you may not get that far, which is where TheEther's message comes in.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 3