× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

lost my wifi R6080

jerrymac
Aspirant

lost my wifi R6080

I unpluged everything of  my netgear r6080 while moving it and now not sure how to plug it back in? It looks right but the internet light is orange. I dont know much about these things. I'm old and need a kid here.

Model: R6080|AC1000 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
jerrymac
Aspirant

Re: lost my wifi R6080

I went out a got a google nest and unpluged it. working fine now

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Did you power OFF the ISP modem and router for 1 minute then back ON with the modem first then router? 

Besure the LAN cable is plugged into the WAN Port on the router from the ISP modem. 

Message 2 of 7

@jerrymac wrote:

I unpluged everything of  my netgear r6080 while moving it and now not sure how to plug it back in?

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 3 of 7
jerrymac
Aspirant

I tried that still didn't work

Message 4 of 7
jerrymac
Aspirant

I went out a got a google nest and unpluged it. working fine now

Message 5 of 7
Chami925
Aspirant

Bought this and my internet light is red went they each plug changed them switched them around and my tv still be buffering how to fix this problem. Please help
Message 6 of 7

@Chami925 wrote:
Bought this and my internet light is red went they each plug changed them switched them around and my tv still be buffering how to fix this problem.

Apart from having a hard time making sense of that description, you have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one, especially as it is marked as SOLVED.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide. For example, as this is a router, it helps to know what modem you are using and the various things that you have tried to fix the problem.

In the meantime, manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7