mod 6220I am trying to hook up my printer but it keeps asking for the 4 to 8 diget number none ther

spilo
Follower

mod 6220I am trying to hook up my printer but it keeps asking for the 4 to 8 diget number none ther

I keep getting a request when trying to hook up to my printer to provide a 4 to 8 diget number that is suspose to be on the back of my router but there is no such number what can i do to get past this block 

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 2

Re: mod 6220I am trying to hook up my printer but it keeps asking for the 4 to 8 diget number none t

@spilo wrote:

I keep getting a request when trying to hook up to my printer to provide a 4 to 8 diget number that is suspose to be on the back of my router but there is no such number what can i do to get past this block 

What is this printer? Connecting how?

The usual way to fix wifi printers is to find the printer maker's utility, the software that runs on your operating system. Then use that to connect the printer to the wifi.

The router just broadcasts wifi. It is then down to the printer to play ball. There isn't much that you can do on a router, beyond fixing it to a particular IP address, that affects what the printer gets up to.

Where possible, using the WPS feature can simplify things.

If this 8-digit number is the WPS PIN number then, there is support for the R6220, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> R6220 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Read the section Use the WPS Wizard for WiFi Connections.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E