× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

n90 dual band router, model r4500 stopped working for android phones

srobertss
Aspirant

n90 dual band router, model r4500 stopped working for android phones

we've been using this router for at least a year with no problems.  suddenly (last week) it stopped working with our two android phones.  all other devices are fine:  computer,  tablet, roku.  the phones work fine with other wifi systems.  we really dont want to purchase another router.  any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
srobertss
Aspirant

Re: n90 dual band router, model r4500 stopped working for android phones

im not sure why my earlier reply wasnt posted  but yes, i did try that.  but i found the solution.  i bought a new router and it works!  i guess as these things age, they can work on some devices and not others. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
srobertss
Aspirant

whoops, i meant n900 and i should have included this info: firmware version is 1.0.0.4_1.0.3. Im assuming this is the latest, though when i tried to update on the netgear genie it said it couldnt connect.

and i also tried changing the security settings, but it didnt help.

Message 2 of 5
srobertss
Aspirant

i keep thinking of things i left out!  sorry to be such a flake.  both phones detect the network and appear to be connected.  but there is no connectivity.  and i did turn the router off and then on again.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello srobertss

Have you tried to tell the phones to forget the network and then reconnect to it?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
srobertss
Aspirant

im not sure why my earlier reply wasnt posted  but yes, i did try that.  but i found the solution.  i bought a new router and it works!  i guess as these things age, they can work on some devices and not others. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7