new hotfix breaks ipv6

minimeme
Tutor

new hotfix breaks ipv6

the hot fix that was recently released, version 1.1.0.92 breaks my ipv6 connection constantly as it does for a friend of mine also with same router. had to roll back to version V1.1.0.86_1.0.1 to get ipv6 to be as stable as it was. had never lost it using older firmware.

Model: R6200|Dual Band 11ac WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: new hotfix breaks ipv6

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

If that doesn't help, then it is back to the old firmware. That is an all too common "fix" these days.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 5
minimeme
Tutor

no, i didn't do a reset of router as i have never had to before. have updated this router a number of times and never had an issue and have never heard of having to reset it after an update either. will maybe remember that the next time i update it, but not going to use this hotfix for now.

thanks for the reply

Message 3 of 5

@minimeme wrote:

no, i didn't do a reset of router as i have never had to before.

Some firmware updates are more severe than others. A reset is well known strategy for trying to fix problems after an update.

No one is forcing anyone to reset, or even to apply an update. If you are happy to live with whatever security holes that the updates claim to fix, and to pass on any improvements, that is your call.

I am just pointing to one widely used trick.

Some people always reset after an update. Like you, I try to avoid them. But I will reset if all else fails.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 5
minimeme
Tutor

as i said, i had never heard of having to do a reset until now and have never had to do that, but i will try and remember that for the next time. seeing as how this update was a beta anyway, which i usually never mess with beta stuff, i'll leave it as is until the final patch comes out, if it ever does.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E