Highlighted
Novice

no wireless signal

Hi,

all the light on the router are on, the wired conections work fine.
the problem is that it send wireless signal, but the divices do not connect.
the SSID works and the divices see it.

Any solution or advice.

Thanks.

Sammy
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: no wireless signal

How many wireless devices do you have? are all those devices cannot connect?
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Master

Hi, You have signal but unable to connect, right? Using pass-phrase, like WPA2? Or did you try without any security measure?
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Novice

I have the same problem yesterday.

Came home from work and couldn't access the net. Checked the modem and router, but the lights on both show no problems. Power cycled both and everything shows solid green across the board but still no internet. Tried to access the router settings but couldn't get thru. Finally I just hooked my laptop directly to the cable modem and I have net access.

Troubleshooting further, I connected my laptop to the router via ethernet cable and manage to get into router settings. At this point the router is connected back to modem but the internet status is showing no internet connection. And the lights are showing solid green. Also did a reset to factory setting but still no go.

Trying to find a solution on my phone, I read some articles about outdated firmwares may be causing issues and when i checked, mine was the one with the 36 (don't remember the whole name). So I downloaded V1.0.0.54_1.0.33 and updated the router successfully. But still no internet access.

So Im hoping someone here have any suggestions or ideas, or is my router dead.

I have cox cable service, and using a zoom modem. my router is the WNDR4500v2 and im using wpa2 security.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Novice

same problem here.

i have the wndr4500v2 on cox cable service with a zoom modem. both router and modem have green lights all across the board but my devices are not able to access the internet. connected laptop directly to modem and was able to get on internet. updated firmware to V1.0.0.54_1.0.33 but still no go.

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Hi hmartono,

1. Is your modem just a plain modem? or a modem and router as one?
2. What IP address you can get when connected to the modem?
3. Have you tried resetting the router to factory default?
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements