× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

password, at router log in is visible ? enyone, old model n750 wndr4300 wireless duel G

DCROXX7
Follower

password, at router log in is visible ? enyone, old model n750 wndr4300 wireless duel G

At router log in , ive changed my password but its is showing up ,granted it is dotted out but if you click on it ,your in ,dont know how to keep it clear or place fake dotted out pass ,if enyone could help , thar would be great ,oh ya ! it is a older model but its tough ,like it thx,

Message 1 of 2

Re: password, at router log in is visible ? enyone, old model n750 wndr4300 wireless duel G

@DCROXX7 wrote:

At router log in , ive changed my password but its is showing up ,granted it is dotted out but if you click on it ,your in ,dont know how to keep it clear or place fake dotted out pass ,if enyone could help , thar would be great 

What help are you looking for?

Can you think of any circumstance where this would leave you vulnerable to attack?

I can't recall anyone ever arriving here and reporting that sort of hack.

Are you sure it is the router that holds the password rather than your browser? That is where most passwords are saved.

@DCROXX7 wrote:

it is a older model but its tough ,like it thx,

The wndr4300 is, indeed, ancient in router terms. It dates back to 2014 and there hasn't been a firmware update since 2018. If you are worried about security issues, that could be more dangerous. Newer routers get security updates, usually every few months. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7